News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - Nov 19-20, 2011

Started by mal, November 23, 2011, 11:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

What a nice weekend for a shoot.  It was a bit chilly Sat morning, but warmed up nicely with very little wind & a good amount of sun all weekend.

Despite a bunch of no-shows & cancellations, we had a 2nd bay open again on Sat with 16 participants, which is great to see.  Sun we could have squeezed everyone in 1 bay with 8 on the line, but the participants preferred to be able to spread out.  We aim to please & that was the least we could do. 

We had a few return seeders, Gary R, Gary T & Gregg.  Welcome back.  Pushpa came to watch her family shoot, but with half a dozen loaner rifles available, we were able to twist her arm (just a little!) & get her on the line.  Thanks Annette for the use of your gear.

We had 3 nationally-ranked IDPA shooters, Annette, Cindy & Kitty on the line who offered up a way to help them remember the round counts for the AQT.  Ok ladies, 2nd stage of the AQT: 1st target double-tap - reload - Mozambique then change targets and dump the mag.  How was that?

Annette scored rifleman earlier this year & came back with a few friend in tow, helping to grow Appleseed.  Cindy followed suit Sunday scoring 224 with her barkin' AR-15 (i swear it sounded like an AR-10).  Kitty will be joining them shortly.  She could probably shoot rifleman with a pistol... standing, but being this was her first time with a 'lawn arm' (... or was that 'long arm' George?), we hope to see her back soon.

Not to be out-done by the ladies, the men stepped up.  Chuck shot an initial rifleman score of 232 & popped out a few more throughout the afternoon.

Sam also re-qualified with a 215 among others and accepted an Orange Hat.  Thank you!  I think you'll be a great addition to the program. 

Speaking of Orange Hats... Cindy & Annette, there are still 2 orange hats in my box with your names on them if you ever get the urge...  No pressure!  We'd love to get Ladyseeds going in PA & expand to more ranges...  No pressure!  Oh, and you can contact me *any* time...  But no pressure!

Congrats to our new & re-qualified rifleman.  Well done!

Below are some pics of the event.  I didn't get as many shots as I'd like.  Please feel free to post yours!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

lprgcfrank

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

lprgcfrank

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Chainsaw

What a fun shoot.  Excellent.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Note:  If you're missing a jacket... I've got it.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

Roverace

Hi All
Had A great shoot, I'm so close to rifleman I can taste it
Thanks Mal, Tom and frank for the help I will see you in Dec.
I have already signed up

Gary R

GEmanuel

Great weather, great shooters!
Happy Thanksgiving
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine