News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA Chief Range Safety Officer Training Class, January 8th, 2012

Started by Bill Winkle, November 22, 2011, 12:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Winkle

Class is in Oswego, IL on January 8th.
I will be there and drive-share is a possibility.

To qualify, you need:
NRA Member (you can sign up there)
Passed Basic Instructor Training (BIT) within 1 year
Cost is $150.00 if you have NRA membership already, $175 otherwise
Instructor: Tom Yackley, snowelf@att.net
Additional Info from his email:
=======================================================================================
List of current scheduled training sessions.  More to be added at Oswego, Illinois and other locations.  Listed training is in Oswego, Illinois unless otherwise indicated.  If you desire to hold training sessions at your location or your area, send email or call to make arrangements.

Instructor training needs minimum of 4 candidates.  Basic Pistol and First Steps training can be held with one or more students - scheduled any day of the week at your convenience.

All instructor training consists of 2 parts - Part 1 is Basic Instructor Training(BIT).  Once you have completed BIT, you have 12 months to complete as many of the disciplines as you want without repeating Part 1. So, you just attend Part 2.  Part 2 is discipline specific. 

Saturday, January 7   8:00 am   NRA Range Safety Officer                   $135.00*
                                                       not an instructor rating

Sunday, January 8    8:00 am  NRA Chief Range Safety Officer Part  2 $175.00*

Saturday, March 17   8:00 am   NRA Pistol Instructor   Part 1 and 2   $295.00*

Saturday, March 31   8:00 am   NRA Shotgun Instructor Part 1 and 2     $315.00*

Saturday, April 28   8:00 am   NRA Pistol Instructor Part 1 and 2     $295.00*

Saturday, May 12   8:00 am   Personal Protection In the Home Instructor  Part 2  $225.00*

Saturday, May 26   8:00 am   NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home
                                                                                  Basic           $195.00*

Sunday, May 27   7:00 am    NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home
                                                                            Advanced           $100.00

Sunday, May 27   1:00 pm   NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home
                                                      Instructor Part 2               $250.00*

Saturday, June 9    8:00 am   NRA Pistol Instructor Part 1 and 2    $295.00*

Saturday, June 23   8:00 am   NRA Shotgun Instructor Part 1 and 2   $315.00*

Saturday, July 7    8:00 am   NRA Rifle Instructor  Part 1 and 2     $330.00*

Saturday, July 21   8:00 am   NRA Personal Protection In the Home
                                                                     Instructor  Part 2              $225.00*

Saturday, August 4   8:00 am   NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home
                                                                         Basic             $195.00*

Sunday, August 5   8:00 am   NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home
                                                                 Advanced           $100.00

Saturday, August 18   8:00 am   NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home
                                                   Instructor Part 2            $250.00*

*denotes $25.00 discount for NRA members - $10.00 discount for any previous or current military service

Training provided by NRA Master Training Counselor.
Course location is Oswego, Illinois unless otherwise specified.
Live fire held on private range.
Instructor course registration and $50.00 deposit due 14 days prior to class start date.
4 candidate minimum required for instructor courses
Training can be held indoors during cold months upon request.

Questions call or email

Tom Yackley
NRA Master Training Counselor
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
IDNR Master Instructor
435 Rance Road
Oswego, IL  60543
RangeandFieldTrainingTeam@yahoo.com
office   630-554-8966
cell   630-392-3966
....Bill Winkle....

Swamp Thing

Hey BillWinkle, I have a question.

At my RSO class, they didn't mention that you needed an instructor discipline before taking the CRSO training. Maybe they didn't explain fully but are you sure that you need that. If you do, I won't be able to go, if you don't, I've got my RSO and count me in.

Also, there was talk of a CRSO class to be held in Bay City in the future, I'll keep you posted.

ST

Bill Winkle

Quote from: Swamp Thing on November 23, 2011, 11:11:49 PM
Hey BillWinkle, I have a question.

At my RSO class, they didn't mention that you needed an instructor discipline before taking the CRSO training. Maybe they didn't explain fully but are you sure that you need that. If you do, I won't be able to go, if you don't, I've got my RSO and count me in.

Also, there was talk of a CRSO class to be held in Bay City in the future, I'll keep you posted.

ST

Could be that you do not need an Instructor Rating for the CRSO credentials.

My reading, however, is that the CRSO class is listed as Part 2, which I believe, implies that Part 1, BIT has been successfully passed within the last year.

My whole reason for taking this is to make available RSO classes for the Michigan and surrounding crews. Having NRA RSO credentialed Instructors will/does make the ranges MUCH happier and a happy range is always a good thing :)

Plus, you as the Range Coordinator can probably testify that it will be sooo much easier to knock down "that" argument from the Board :) whenever they bring up the RSO topic.
....Bill Winkle....