News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boulder City, NV Nov 12-13

Started by DesertDog, November 14, 2011, 10:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertDog

Great times with great people :)

Although we only had one shooter it was an historic weekend.  3 True, Red Blooded Patriots earned their Red Hats.  RangeRat, SniperCat and sharpeyedfirechild joined daughter and sister, Trebleshooter, to the fold.  The Painter family is an example of what an American Family should be.

Our only shooter, Robert, drilled a 231 on Sunday morning :~ :~. After the presentation at lunch RangeRat and I took him up to spank some steel at the "Member's Range"

Bring on the pics!!
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Dano

Congratulations to all of you, the Nevada Team can be proud!!

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Xeyed

2011 was year of growth for the Nevada Appleseed team.

Southern Nevada got it's first Green hats and has developed bench strength with the addition of our new  Red Hats. The So Nev team has been together now for over a year and it has been my pleasure to stand beside them on the line as they developed an grew.

Gun shows, marketing meetings and events. Everyone bails, everyone works. Stuff happens, people adapt, improvise and overcome.

All these new Red Hats started out as Riflemen.

And individually and collectively, they certainly know what they are about.

This is the foundation that we will build upon for 2012.

X

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

DesertDog

I couldn't agree more X.  Everybody on the SoNev team is a cut above.  It's been my honor to work with and mentor every one of you fine Americans.  You're teachable attitudes and conviction made my life easy as you were coming up the ranks.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch.....Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

RangeRat

Not quite the shoot we had planned as our Red Hat inauguration....  Even though SharpEyedFireChild flew in from the land of Utes to join us, TrebleShooter had to work most of the weekend and Persistent_1 was home sick with a persistent cough.  And we could only marshall one shooter.  :(  Truly a shame since the weather was perfect; only a little wind and overcast with the temps in the 50's and 60's.  Needless to say Robert got the full bore treatment by the RangeRat clan and Desert Dog. ~~:)   This was his second shoot and we knew he was going to "patch" based on his previous performance; he got the patch on his 2nd AQT on Sunday.  O0 

Then we called it a day and went to the upper range to bang some steel.  Sure get the looks when you walk past the benches, throw down on the concrete and proceed to ring steel to 550 yds from prone using only a sling  ^:)^

Many thanks to Desert Dog, LayloPro, TrebleShooter, Xeyed, V, Chris_H, Arashi and the rest for their mentorship, friendship, and sometimes firm guidance on the road to becoming RedHats; we'll see ya on the trail more often now!

Now on to the pics...