News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to Appleseed's newest Instructor.

Started by yellowhousejake, November 13, 2011, 08:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

I remember giving a long phone conversation much forethought before I dialed the number. I had not a fish on the line, but a person I thought would be a benefit to the program, the whole program.

I needed to make my case without begging and without pulling the guilt card. I knew Appleseed needed this person, I just needed to convince her.

After a short call, I was given a simple "I'll think about it". I noticed she started watching more, and listening more, and behaving differently at every shoot she attended.

And then one day, at the Indiana Instructor meeting, I was told "Ok, I'll take an Orange hat, but I don't know how much time I can spend". That was less than a year, and 12 shoots ago. March 5th 2011 I put a hat on HQ and welcomed her to the Instructor Corps.

Today, I very proudly handed her a Redhat as she completed her IPC. I lost my favorite IIT, but Appleseed gained a great new instructor. We are all the better for it.

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Nero

O0  O0 Congrats from the left coast crew!   ^:)^ ^:)^
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Western Rose

Congratulations and well done HQ!!!!!!!!!!!!! O0 O0 O0
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

kate

Great job HQ!!!!!  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^  I am honored to work with you.   :bow:

CONGRATS!

Niecie

Congratulations ^:)^

We are so lucky to have you as a vital part of this organization! And, you look SO good in red!

Thank you for being such a great mentor, teacher, and friend to so many, especially our youth.

A job well done  :)

Niecie

Mudcat

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

ATM

Way to go, HQ! Always a pleasure working shoots with you.  O0
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

brianheeter

(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Evenstar

'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Ratchett

YAY!!! Congratulations HQ, job well done!!!!!!
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

spitfire51

Congratulations again HQ!  Thanks for keeping us all in line this weekend.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

George Hacker

Congratulations, HQ.  Well done!   O0  ..:..

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Patriot Gal

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Prone to Knit

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

SPQR

meh

But seriously folks, my pride knows no bounds.  HQ didn't know anything about shooting a year and a half ago.  Now, while there may be folks out there who love to read the interweb and get to know guns, I would reckon they probably know only a fraction of what she knows about marksmanship.  So here is just another silly girl who happens to shoot irons in the 230s with rack grade rifles and ammo and possesses a text book prone, thanks Appleseed.

The Boss and his protege.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Royal-1

I knew when we pulled up, at the end of the day on Sunday, that there was something different with you.  It must have been that new hat!  Great job, I look forward to working with you in the near future.

Cooper

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

RiflesnReins

Congratulations HQ! Keep up the good work!

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

HQ

Thank you so much!  It has been a great year!  I'm really looking forward to next year!  Hopefully I'll see most of you at a shoot!

AuntieBellum

Congratulations, HQ!!!
Lookin' good in red!   O0  You've worked hard to get that hat, and I look forward to working the line with you again soon!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete