News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur NC, Nov 12-13 AAR

Started by iron pony, November 12, 2011, 11:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron pony

Wow !!!
What a Saturday....
After a slow start trying to place the nearly 50 shooters on the line, we got our first rounds down range at around 9:45.

As expected, the red coats revealed plenty of opportunity for improvement. We swung immediately into instruction while the shooters drank all they could from the AS fire hose. We pushed them hard and started seeing good 4-6 MOA groups from more than few of the eager students.

We broke for lunch and first strike about 12:15.  Patrick did an excellent job telling strike one for the first time even in the face of a very nosy adjacent KD range. After the break, we instructed SHF, NPOA and Transitions in the sitting and standing position during which we completed the telling of the second strike.

When we finally shot our first AQT, the line boss made the decision to run it at full speed with no trips down range between stages nor extra time on the stages. As a result, the one and only AQT we shot today yielded two Riflemen.  Several other shooters had very good AQT's and I fully expect them to achieve Rifleman tomorrow.

After pulling their AQTs, we centered them up and gave the third strike followed immediately by the end-of-day red coats. The numbers for this second round showed approximately a 400% improvement in the effective range for 400, 300 and 200-yard shooters. While as a group, 80% were now effective at 100 yards or greater. 

Needless to say, I was proud of both the shooters and instructors for working together to make great strides toward becoming effective marksmen.

Congratulations again to Todd and Paul on their Rifleman scores.

More to come...

"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Sadman

It was a beautiful weekend in Ramseur, NC for this Appleseed.  What a privilege to be able to serve this group of Americans!  I spoke to a couple of participants  who had their inner American woke up!  When I have the opportunity to see that happen it makes this Sadman very happy!  If we keep this up, I might have to change my forum name!

Thanks to Iron Pony and the other instructors, I am humbled by all of you and I am privileged to be able to participate.

Cheers,

Sadman

toddje

It was great instruction, great history and even great weather (ESPECIALLY for November).   Thanks to the team of volunteers!  Three cheers for the people of the colored hats!
Thanks!

Toshbar

Photos of the shoot here:  http://s741.photobucket.com/albums/xx51/toshbar/AS%2011-12-11/

Password is RAMSEUR all caps.

Sorry for the grainy ipod resolution.
The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants.