News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Manchester, TN Nov 12-13

Started by TN_Dadx5, November 08, 2011, 05:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TN_Dadx5

This was our final public Appleseed event for the year (we have a couple Boy Scout Camp mini-seeds scheduled for Dec) and it was not one to disappoint.  With daylight savings time in effect the time monkey was hard on our backs and biting our ears.   :wb:

Our group was quite diverse; about half had some experience with shooting while the other half had little to none.  Most of the participants used 22s but there was one who brought a new AR-15.  There were several people that had been to previous events but most were new to Appleseed.  Its always nice to see old friends and make new ones.

One of my new friends is a young lady (10 years old) who had never handled a rifle before and was a little timid early on.  She had a new Marlin 795, still with the stock sights and she just couldn't get it on paper.  One of the instructors took a try and the Marlin was way right and low; not something a new shooter should have to endure.  She was loaned a Ruger with a scope and began to improve immediately.  This young lady went from being intimidated to shooting a 229 (of a sand bag)!  Way to go Abbey!

We had two gents that had been to prior events, knocking on the Rifleman door, but just missing it every time.  This time they both knocked it open and got their patches.  Congratulations Stacy & Greg!

We also had one participant that shot Rifleman at our Smyrna range come back and accept an Orange Hat.  Thank you Phil! And thanks for bringing your family!  We will need many more TN Instructors to make a dent and turn the tide.

Here are some of the pictures that I was able to get while trying to get that crazy monkey off of our backs.  Please post some of yours.

The whole Manchester 11-12 crew

The left side of the line and Stacy on his way to a patch.

Danny, Cindy and Abbey.

Leighton on making it look easy

Peter and his camo Dragonov-stocked Ruger.

Listening to the history

Our Luther Blanchard award recipients, Abbey

and Becca!

Tyler making Rifleman Saturday afternoon.

Stacy made Rifleman Saturday also.

Rifleman Greg

Rifleman Leighton

And our THREE new Orange Hats, Stacy,

Phil,

and Greg!

How about posting some of yours!
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

GoVolsDad+1

This was another great weekend for an appleseed. Althow we had a lot of wind and leaves. I am very excited to finely shoot rifleman with 210 then a 220 score. Yes, I'm a new orange hat! If anyone has any advice to help me please let me hear it.   ^:)^

It was great to finish the day helping on the line. Helping other people with some of the same problems I had and seeing them improve. It felt great and I can understand why IIT's keep volunteering there time, money, and guns. I'm looking forward to making my way up the ladder to be a "Red Hat" someday.   :---

Thanks to TNconole "Shoot Boss", TN_Dadx5 "Red Hat" and all the Orange Hats for there help and Encouragement.   :bow:

PS. TN_Dadx5 It's Stacy no "E" but I will forgive you.  O0

GoVolsDad+1

Quote from: GoVolsDad on November 17, 2011, 04:24:22 AM
This was another great weekend for an appleseed. Althow we had a lot of wind and leaves. I am very excited to finely shoot rifleman with 210 then a 220 score. Yes, I'm a new orange hat! If anyone has any advice to help me please let me hear it.   ^:)^

It was great to finish the day helping on the line. Helping other people with some of the same problems I had and seeing them improve. It felt great and I can understand why IIT's keep volunteering there time, money, and guns. I'm looking forward to making my way up the ladder to be a "Red Hat" someday.   :---

Thanks to TNconole "Shoot Boss", TN_Dadx5 "Red Hat" and all the Orange Hats for there help and Encouragement.   :bow:

PS. TN_Dadx5 great job on the pics  O0

BonnieBlue

Everybody did a great job! The shooters really listened a did what we showed and tough them.
Also, GREAT,GREAT, GREAT, job and congrats to MR. Stacy! Right when he got that hat he went right to work instructing people and helping! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^:)^