News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Biloxi, MS - Nov. 5-6, 2011

Started by Col Barrett, November 07, 2011, 11:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col Barrett

This was an outstanding event.

We had beautiful weather and a nice range that made this Appleseed shoot a real success. The small group of shooters we had on Saturday gathered with a very teachable attitude and an interest for the special history stories that were told throughout the day. We got a lot of shooting in on both Saturday and Sunday and it seemed to benefit the shooters.

On Sunday we had an additional three shooters join us, who had schedule conflicts the previous day, but came on out anyway to get all they could out of the shoot. These three certainly added to the theme of steady progress that we had seen from the other shooters. By the end of the day Sunday, we were all worn out and we had some results to prove our efforts had paid off. We produced a new rifleman, who got his patch at his first event. Keep in mind, this was the shooter, when offered the AQT or the squares to continue practicing, was the only one to choose the squares. He wanted to really prove to himself that he understood NPOA. When given the chance later to see if his practice was worthwhile, he proved it most certainly was with an impressive 220!

We also had a Rifleman who attended his second shoot and felt that it was time for him to take the hat and teach others. It was Marty who joined our ranks as a new instructor in training and I look forward to seeing him progress and help to spread liberty and teach other Americans our fine history and traditions.

Thanks to all who were able to come out and dedicated yourselves to showing up to the shoot this last weekend. It was an absolute thrill for me to come down from GA and get to know the fine people of the southern Mississippi region.

DrJohn

My admiration and respect to "Col Barrett" for answering the call of his Mississippi brothers and sisters and taking responsibility for this Appleseed event at the very last moment. In fact, as I was leaving town to work the AS at Toccoa, Georgia on Thursday morning before the shoot, "Col Barrett" called me and asked if we could spare him at Toccoa so he could drive out to Mississippi. I congratulate him and the other instructors for running a fine event. I regret only that more students could not have taken advantage of the occasion. To "Col Barrett", to the IITs who did such a fine job at the event, and to the stalwart shooters who attended, well done and Huzza!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

robertey

Kudos to all the instructors who ran this shoot. It was my first time out to an Appleseed after hearing about them a couple of months ago and with their help I managed to qualify on the second day of the shoot. The talent and commitment of the shoot boss and the instructors in training was superb and obvious from the moment I pulled up.  Thanks (one more time) are in order  for all of them for making it happen, whether they made a short drive from across town, or across several states. The other shooters at the event were also a treat to be with. Congratulations to Marty on his new hat.

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

PPCShooter1

It was a good day being there.  I had muscles scream the first time I went to sitting position and everytime after.  They still hadn't recovered from the Mobile, AL Appleseed the previous weekend and let me know it.  It's hell getting old.   :D  I did some searching on the internet and discovered something I didn't previously know about my M-261 M-16 .22lr conversion kit.  They were manufactured with a .010-.020" oversize headspace.  That leads to misfires.  I'm going to send it to Compass Lake Engineering in Alford, FL so they can work their magic on it plus buy a .22lr barrel to turn that AR-15 upper into a dedicated .22lr one.  Even with the equipment problems, I tried to swallow my frustration and have a good time.  Which I did.  Lanette told me her son, Alex, had a great time and could talk of nothing else all the way home.  He's probably bored his friends to tears by now.   ;)  I'm glad we could excite him.  We might be able to make a competitive shooter out of him. 

Marty

P.S.  Barrett are you going to post the pics? 
People are more passionately opposed to wearing fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than bikers.

Col Barrett

I don't have the pics, but I think Biloxi Steve will be along shortly to get them up. I will send him a quick message.

V

I think its this shoot he was talking about.

See this link http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26204.0

Guy's dog dissappeared about the time the shoot was closing down on Sunday.... Anyone "rescue" a "stray"?

No harm no foul.

Cheers
Phil

PPCShooter1

Nope.  Wrong AS.  1st, the AS was @ the Coast Rifle and Pistol Club not the Fairgrounds.  2nd, the Harrison County Fairgrounds and the range aren't even close to each other.  Lastly, the area code for that part of MS is 228 not 573.

Marty
People are more passionately opposed to wearing fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than bikers.

Biloxi Steve

First, my hat's off to Col. Barrett for making the trip from Georgia to MS, to make this AS a success. I was afraid we'd have to cancel when no one stepped up to the plate. Same to Dan for coming in from Louisana to help as an IIT. He did a fantastic job and I predict he'll have is Red Hat in record time. All of the shooters deserve a round of applause, they listened, worked hard, and it paid off. Itwas a small but good event.

Biloxi Steve

Sorry, I also meant to include Marty's photo, but it didn't take.