News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Certified Medical Training for Instructors and IITs

Started by SPQR, November 07, 2011, 09:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

UPDATE UPDATEUPDATEUPDATEUPDATE
The location will be the Greenwood Gander Mountain on the south side of Indianapolis, in the meeting room.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/storelocator.cgi?r=storeDirections&storeID=273

YHJ

While back ol' Yellerhouse says to me, "We need to do something to get our Shoot Bosses as much medical training as we can.  These people are working more shoots in weirder conditions than anybody really expected.  Seriously, regardless of the unthinkable, we need to know more about how to treat frostbite and heatstroke."  So ol' SPQR starts to thinking,

"Shouldn't we do it for as many instructors as possible?"

Well, here you go.  Following the December 10th One Day Appleseed event at Marion County Fish and Game the Indiana Appleseed Project will be hosting a medical training workshop specifically designed for our personnel on December 11th.  All are welcome.  The agenda will include:

December 11th, 2011
Medical Training Workshop

CPR with certification card
Basic first aid with Certification card
Basic Trauma with Course Completion Certificate
Violent/Penetrating Trauma

The course will be taught by Matthew Heithoff of Lifesavers LLC., an all around good guy and Applecore member also known as redneckmedic.  The cost is $20 per student and that includes certification costs.

As someone who has taken the trauma class he teaches to the general public, I consider this course to be a steal at twice the price.  So, come one come all and make your line a safer place to be!  (or just bask in the beneficence of SPQR, you decide)
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

George Hacker

Wow that is inexpensive training!  I wish I were in your neck of the woods to take advantage of it.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

John Boch

OOOOH! 

Looks exciting.  (Looks for his appointment book...)

Yes, put me down as attending.

Thanks for the opportunity.

John

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

John Boch

Room for one more in my van.

Leaving Prospect and I-74 at about 5:00 a.m.

John

OutaAmmo

Templar 223

Plenty of Ammo says she would like to attend and would like that spot.

Thanks
OutaAmmo

2 clicks low

SPQR
I regreat not being able to make this. Please let me know if it will be repeated or if the instructor is willing to come to Illinois.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Patriot Gal

I would also appreciate attending such training, so if another date is decided upon, please keep Illinois in mind.

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

John Boch

Quote from: OutaAmmo on December 05, 2011, 01:55:28 PM
Templar 223

Plenty of Ammo says she would like to attend and would like that spot.

Thanks
OutaAmmo

I already had her penciled in to ride shotgun.  You'll be in the back since you like to yodel.

John

SPQR

Make sure you guys take note of the location change.  Bigger room, warmer room, brighter room with better bathroom facilities.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

John Boch

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

John Boch

BrownBessEd

Great opportunity, but have a family event.  Thanks for including out of state folk!