News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

May 17th Pop-Up Action Shoot.

Started by wildman, May 06, 2008, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

A week from this coming Saturday May 17th is the Armed Forces Day Shoot at the home range in Ramseur. Start time is 09:00 sharp. There is only this shoot and one more before the WW2 Sniper School in September so we are running out of time to get ready for that. We will be shooting a course similar to the course in September. If you are not aware the WW2 course is for rifles using iron sites out to 400 yds. Yes, you can use a scope but we will probably talk about you when you are not around.

Please send me a PM using this site if you plan to come in on Friday and want to camp. Remember if you can't hit a 1 inch square at 25 yds with 3 shoot group you may not be allowed to shoot the long range. The cost for the shoot is $45.00. Shooters attending three action shoots this year shoot the KKSS free. We recommend you bring 100 to 200 rounds. I bring a lot more ammo than that; dang if I want to run out. Don't forget something to eat if you are so inclined. Your welcome to shoot .22 rim on the 25 yd range if you want to save some money

Remember: Keep your powder dry, shoot straight and we'll see ya at the range!
wildman
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

I can't wait, more zombies to shoot! I promise to only bring two rifles this time but lots of ammo. Mauser boy has a new toy to try out less kick than the 98.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Koma

Setem up Joe, I want to shootem down. Simply the Best. Who else for having a loud fun time.

wildman

I haven't heard much buzz about this shoot; means a small turn out; this will be the one to be at. We're gonna have a great experience with lots of trigger time. This week end we need to work on warm weather zeros. The 6"x9" top of those targets is very small at 400 yards only 54 sq./in. You know Koma we can do it.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Old Dog

Can't make it this time either.  The car bit the dust on the way to work this morning.  $70 tow bill (would have almost paid for the gas) and I have to get it fixed Saturday if I want to help VAshooter at the Black Creek mini on Sunday.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

wildman

You'll be missed! There is one June the 14th.