News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

High School Promo Opportunity

Started by yellowhousejake, October 26, 2011, 10:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

I am not certain I can make it at this time, but we have a golden opportunity to approach High School students with the idea of community service. One of our IITs schools is having a career day and we have to OK to speak with the kids about volunteering, using our service through Appleseed as an example.

This will be in New Palestine Indiana (just east of Indy) on Nov 14 or 15 from 11:20 to 12:00.

If interested contact myself or Auntiebellum about how we can approach this.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

kate

The window of opportunity 7:30-2:20 on both days. 11:20 would be my class period (on both days). Hopefully someone can come!  ;D

techres

Let me get this straight:

We have an opportunity to present in a public school?

There had better be a line of instructors queuing up...
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

AuntieBellum

I emailed my boss tonight to request Nov. 15 off.  Dunno if it'll get approved or not yet.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

yellowhousejake

I will be there at least one of the days.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

SPQR

The Monday slot would be tough for me.  I willl talk to HQ and chilidog about tuesday
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

yellowhousejake

YHJ

AuntieBellum

I am able to cover Tuesday.  Now onto the plan. I'm thinking a short ppt with video. Hmmm...will start on an outline tonight and post for ideas.

For anyone going, you need to PM Kate your real life name and phone number. Bring your ID...schools like to see that sometimes when you sign-in.

AuntieBellum

Career fair is off the table.  The teacher was very nice and cc'd the Social Studies Dept chair with our info, so I hope we'll end up in the history classes instead.  Probably a better fit for us anyway.  I'll post updates when I hear more.

Kate - thank you for working on this for us.  I hope things will work out that we'll see you in your history class soon.  If it works out you may still see me next Tuesday, though I'll be in my "real" work clothes and not my Appleseed gear.   ;)