News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dec 3&4, Gateway Center Gun & Knife Expo table

Started by NavNuke, October 26, 2011, 06:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NavNuke

Will there be a table set up? Mutti and I can support for one of those days.

NN
"Be ever questioning. Ignorance is not bliss. It is oblivion. You don't go to heaven if you die dumb. Become better informed. It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself." -- Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Patriot Gal

So, tell us a little bit more about this!!  We're interested and listening...

Quote from: NavNuke on October 26, 2011, 06:44:48 PM
Will there be a table set up? Mutti and I can support for one of those days.

NN
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

mtbrass

This is in Collinsville, correct? I may be able to help we will need to contact the promoter and see if we can get a table. Does anyone know who promotes this show? It may be the same promoter as the Belleville show but I am not sure. I have been to both this one is pretty well attended and if I remember correctly has a few more collector type items like native American collectables and other items. I think it would be a good place to promote Appleseed.

Edit just Googled it ECA does promote it 618 495-2572. Castle Mountain want to make the call?

NavNuke

Well, it's put on by ECA. ECA Hunting and Trade Shows We've been to their shows at the Belleville Fairgrounds and sometimes there's been an AS info table there.

The Gateway Center is across the river from St. Louis MO (<10 mi.) and just off the I-70 and I-255 interchange. I mentioned to Mutti that I'd like to go to the show and she suggested that I ask here. If there is a table then we will just make a full day of it and bring the family.

NN
"Be ever questioning. Ignorance is not bliss. It is oblivion. You don't go to heaven if you die dumb. Become better informed. It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself." -- Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

mtbrass

Sorry, forgot to post this earlier. I spoke with CM and he was going to try his contact at ECA and check out the possibility of a table and get some more information on this show and then get back with us. Thanks NavNuke for getting it on the front burner.

mtbrass

NavNuke CM tells me he has secured a table for this event. Anyone want to start off by choosing a time they would like to work a table - we will figure out how we get the promotional materials down here but let's make sure we can staff the event, any takers.

NavNuke

Count Mutti and myself in for Dec 3rd, Noon to 4 pm.

NN

wooldl

NavNuke or ?,

If this is happening and we have a table, I can help. Count me in for that weekend. I'm in Belleville and be there easily. Just let me know when you need a slot filled.

wooldl
"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present generation, to preserve your Freedom! " - John Adams

AQT Dryfire Practice mp3 files: http://www.4shared.com/folder/559qijqr/My_4shared_Sync.html

RiflesnReins

"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

mtbrass

Sunday afternoon works for me maybe 1 till closing time?

Mutti

bump:

I'm filling in our Schedule for December now.

Do I need to schedule more time on December 3rd or will our Noon to 4 be enough?

I'll ink it in if you let me know  :).

mutti
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

mtbrass

Mutti, I think that will be good, can anyone volunteer for Saturday morning and Sunday Morning?

I owe CM a call regarding supplies but if I can get those and then get them to someone who can set up Saturday morning that would be good.

Anyone have a preference?

mtbrass

Here is the table. Looks to be a good size show.

Mutti

Thanks mtbrass. All that needs is some Oatmeal Cookies - oh thats right - we're bringing them to snack on  :).

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Mutti

First I'd like to have a shout out for the table set up and for Nemohunter and his Uncle. What brilliant guys!

Nemohunter was very patient with my enthusiasm (and Yards vs Meters - I'm working on it) and the kids want to adopt him!  Final count was about 80 fliers promoting the Rosebud, Mo. shoot next weekend and many of the other fliers as well. We met 7 former AS attendees that we knew from Sparta, Marion, and Alton. It was great to see them all and they were enthusiastic about getting some more shoots around here.

There were several questions I could not answer:

1. The banner (see the image above) drew much attention. One older gentleman said he has been looking for that exact set up to build for years - but does not know where to find "everything". He took my contact information and Nemohunter said Castlemountain might be able to help him locate the pieces/parts.

2. We had 7 or 8 ladies specifically interested in a "LadySeed". I mentioned that one would be held in Sparta this year (PatriotGal is working on that one) and lots of happy faces.

3. My 11 AQT score was mentioned many times. See - the first AS I used a left handed unslung bolty and managed to get 11 points on standing out of 3 shots in 2 minutes. Actually, I didn't even manage that as I did a very ungraceful droop down across Stage 2 and 3 "counting points" as they managed to hit the paper. My point being that AS had helped me to improve by teaching the basics and encouraging persistence - I earned the Rifleman's Badge.

4. There were several people there who gave us good information on their Ranges (locally).

I hope that whoever goes tomorrow to the Booth introduces themselves to John @ "Gun Loving Johns" (Rifleman from Marion, Illinois October shoot). It is a centrally located booth and everyone knows him. He walked several people down to point out AS and tell them "You really should go."

Thanks for the opportunity to participate and to CM for securing a table.

Mutti

Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

mtbrass

Sounds like a great day.  O0 O0 O0

Glad NavNuke posted about this show on the forum and your family was able to work and Nemo and his Uncle were there and able to help :bow: :bow:- sounds like it was a success and we aren't even done yet.

And the important question- is the table full of cookies?

We will look John up tomorrow it will be good to meet him.

nemohunter

yup good turn out with good response. hopefully we will net some more folks for the Rosebud shoot. we NEED to try to get stuff scheduled for next year sooner. LOTS of folks wanting to know what, when, and where for IL and we had little info. Just kept telling them to check the sight for updates. Hope they do. a Pleasure to meet all of you and i'll see ya next weekend. 
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

Mutti

Alas the cookies went the way of demonstrations.

See - for those who told us how they already "knew how to shoot" - we'd made Oatmeal cookies using goat butter, fresh eggs, home ground wheat, and the standard other stuff. The point being that we all bring different ingredients to the final point that makes us who we are. Even if someone can shoot a 1" MOA @ 400 yds while standing on their head, something can be learned from each new ingredient added to the mix. AS has many different ingredients (steps) than are standardly used - these skills make something wonderful when utilized!

A few people smiled, a few thought it through, and a few took fliers.

I'll leave cookies next time  ::)

Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

mtbrass

The second day of the show went well.  Wooldl was there early and had a super nice M1 on the table as well as his bolt gun. O0 O0

By the time I rolled in the parking lot this venue was full and there were people parking out on the street. ^:)^

There seemed to be a lot of traffic and we made some good contacts several people asked about CMP and many had actually heard of Appleseed and interestingly we are starting to see more people who have been to an Appleseed or know someone who has been to an Appleseed.  It is always good to see people you have worked as a shooter or another instructor in the program stop by the table and tell you that they promote the program where ever they go.

And further, there are also some range possibilities in the area that I think we will all be hearing about in the near future so stay tuned. :) :)

RiflesnReins

Aha! A photo of Mutti and my little brother behind the stand.
:--- :---
RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Patriot Gal

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan