News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

December Appleseed at Black Creek

Started by Old Dog, October 22, 2011, 07:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Dog

Took my son to the Black Creek range today.  When we went in to the office to sign in the fellow behind the range (not the owner, but a guy I'd not seen there before) was talking to a couple about the upcoming Appleseed.  After they'd signed in I asked about about the Appleseed and he told me there was going to be one the first weekend in December.

I already knew this from seeing the schedule earlier in the year but I thought it was great that somebody at the range was talking it up to the people visiting the range to shoot.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

jmdavis

Yep, that's great Old Dog.

KC has been a good supporter of AS in VA since the first event there in 07 or so.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner