News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virginia Leadership

Started by jmdavis, October 19, 2011, 03:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

Guys (and Ladies),

I plan to step down as State Coordinator at the end of this year. In addition I will be taking a hiatus from Appleseed as well. I have enjoyed my time with the program, made some good friends, taught some fine people and hopefully made a difference. But, I have at the same time put many other things (house renovations, my farm, my career) on hold.

I would like to have a discussion on choosing a new State Coordinator. I came to the position in Sept 2010 when Eddie could no longer do it, and he took over from Doug the year before that. We can do this in person at the remaining shoots (Buckingham and Mechanicsville), via email, and/or even here on the board.

Let's determine who's willing to take this on and then start the process. So, any nominations?

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Patent guy

Thanks for all of your hard work, creativity, and everything else you have brought to the Appleseed project and mission, Mike.  Those of us in MD will always think of you and the other stalwarts in the VA cadre as being a big part of who we are and what we do as ASers in MD.  This means every time a new shooter gets back on the line for another AQT or stands at the target line puzzling over what their target is telling them, you helped make that happen.
I hope we can keep in touch.
I know there are worthy successors in VA, and we look forward to working with them too.
Andy
District of Columbia v. Heller (US 07-290, 2008)  "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia."  McDonald v. Chicago (US 08-1521, 2010) "[T]he Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms [is] fully applicable to the states"

jmdavis

Now is the time to start trying to schedule events. VA needs an SC.

Someone should contact KC about possible shoots in May/Dec (you could see if other datea are open, but it is doubtful). I have the wooden posts that work on the BR50 range. All that you should need is wire and backers, and a way to mark the firing line (rope preferably).

Kent (owner) at C2 should be contacted. We only had the one event last year. Things may have slowed down enough for us to get more dates. They have target stands we just need targets and a way to mark the firing line.

The Cavalier board will be meeting in Mid-Jan. Check the website and start initial contact. We had 3 events last year. They do 110 different events a year and the requirement for us to have Range 1 is that Range 5 not have a scheduled shoot and be open. The posts are in the target shed with a partial roll of wire and some backers.

Good luck. Most of you have my email and phone. I will offer any advice that I can.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner