News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Techres and I had this idea, see?

Started by SPQR, October 18, 2011, 12:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

I hope you have some sort of photo release.  You could wind up in a real bind if someone discovers their face in your album and they do not want it there.  In this day and age employers and attorneys are checking on-line profiles.

I talked with a Shoot Boss a month or two ago at Slippery Rock and they said they are working on putting a release on the standard forms but it was not compleated yet and even when it is it will take time to use up the old forms.

CYOA and Appleseed's if you are not using a release now start now and get as many as you can for the people that you are currently showing on line.  Do not assume that it is alright with so-and-so to post their pic. Get it in writing.

Sorry for sounding preachy but this was a point hammered home in a photography class a few years ago and the world hasn't became less litigious since them.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

techres

You are absolutely on Stand!  The legal team is looking at the combined liability/photo waiver but has not given a thumbs up yet.

As for litigation, yeah.  Although pictures of attendees is second to the use of other people's creative materials (adding some must to a video, etc.).

It is not done, and in the meanwhile I am making a specific statement about it at events and at least give people a clear "opt out" at the start of the shoot.  With kids I am sure to ask their parents pretty explicitly.

BTW, you just outed yourself as a photog with training.  I am thinking the promotions team might come and talk to you soon!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.