News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

../\.. Hudson Falls, NY October 15,16, 2011

Started by R1SGx2, October 17, 2011, 11:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1SGx2

Hudson Falls New York was the place to be on October 15 and 16, 2011 to attend an Appleseed. Hudson Falls Fish and Game allowed us to use their indoor range. Very nice range and the club President checked in on us several times this weekend to see if we had any needs. Good people. Crossing over Burgoyne Avenue on the way to the range, named after General John Burgoyne, this area is rich with Revolutionary War History.

The shoot and the instruction was text book. All in attendance were a pleasure to work with. Watching Another D.O.M. and NYRASGT with the shooters made me smile a few times. The shooters, drinking in as much information as they could; and then continuously practicing it, nice.

All attending were return Appleseeders, and when the three strikes were told, the shooters helped all along. Michael shooting a beautifully stocked 10/22 with a nice scope, then switched out to a S&W AR-15/22 continually improving his shot. I look forward to seeing Michael return with his 10/22. Joe, just watching him in his self testing of the NPOA made me smile, good job. Joe finishing in the mid 190's, nice.  Here is a link Joe has provided to us of the shoot during Saturday's AQT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yOefHl_hPw

Thank you Joe. Annie's first Appleseed was a few months ago in Lake George. Annie said then that she wanted to know how to shoot better and returned here at Hudson Falls and I think we will be seeing her again soon at a local Appleseed. I have a funny feeling Annie will be attending with a new rifle also. Pat stepped to the line Sunday with a smile on his face. Immediately got into the rifleman's bubble and joined right in with us on the Course of Fire. Nice job. Kris (Krisker) on the far right, Sunday again shooting a rifleman's score and backed it up two more times. I think we are up to around 14/15 Appleseed's for Kris, and always with a smile.

Thank you to all the shooters for allowing me to work with you this weekend.   

This was a beautiful weekend and a very pleasant group of people to have the honor to work with. Thank you all.

There will be a surprise coming at the Lake George shoot in November......
Hope to see you there November 19/20, 2011

Please post photo's
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

The Mrs.

Good job one and all. Hope to see everyone at lake George last month!!

Mark's surprises are always GREAT!!
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Cabin Fever

Thank You for two fun weekends in the last month.  I am very much looking forward to this Saturday and the opening of hunting season because of the appleseed project. I am very impressed with your program and have improved my skills greatly because of what I've learned from each of you. Shooting Riflemen score certainly helped give me more confidence in my abilities. 

Thanks for volunteering your time, knowledge and the opportunity to try different rifles.

You will definitely see me at more appleseeds and probably with a new rifle (rifle may even be this Tuesday) but I will take all of your advice and make sure I find the rifle that fits me best and not just go for the first one I see.  I probably wont be shooting in November in Lake George since its opening weekend of southern zone but I will try to manage to stop by to say hi during one of the days.
Shoot Like A Girl ~ If You Can!

Throughout her career, it is believed that Annie Oakley taught upwards of 15,000 women how to use a gun. Oakley believed strongly that it was crucial for women to learn how to use a gun, as not only a form of physical and mental exercise, but also to defend themselves.

Josey Wales

..Great Job To The NY North Country.. :~

..Hope to see y'all sooner than later..

...........Strength & Honor....................Josey Wales....................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..