News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Finding A Location

Started by Burnett, October 17, 2011, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burnett

So how does a person go about talking a farmer into having an Appleseed in one of his fields?
I am pretty sure that he himself would not be interested in attending.
I have seen were Appleseed will pay for a port-a-pot, but there are no buildings close by.
I could talk to the Guard units in the area and see if we could use a frame tent or two.
GP medium or large would be better but A LOT harder to set up.

Greg

loves2hunt59

Greg,
I don't know that "talking a farmer into" anything is going to be all that effective.
I'd start by introducing the program, explaining what the Appleseed is and is not.  Emphasize the Heritage message that all Americans should hear.  If they are interested in promoting the Message and are willing to Host an event contact me and I'll try to get some eyeballs on the site to check for  safety. If they ever host one and attend or even just watch they'll probably want more.  We're fond of saying Appleseeds are like potato chips, no one wants just one ;D.  Might also consider trying to get a potential host to an event at another location, once they see Appleseed in action they'll likely be 'hooked'. After that it's a matter of downloading and filling out and filing forms. That's my responsibility.
Where is this potential site?
Hope this helps get you started at least.  As more questions arise, and they will, contact me and I'll try to move this along.

PM me.

Kosciusko

You could try asking a potential shooter, or someone who's already been a shooter, if they know of property that's  suitable.  Someone known to the farmer is going to have a better chance than a stranger at getting permission.  Involving a group such as Scouts, 4-H, church/youth group   might give you an in/edge.

Bettendorf

Burnett

loves2hunt59 & Kosciusko, where do you guys live?
Curious how hard it'd be to meet up with one of you.

Kosciusko

Quote from: Burnett on October 18, 2011, 09:55:25 PM
loves2hunt59 & Kosciusko, where do you guys live?
Curious how hard it'd be to meet up with one of you.

Meeeenaaahsooootaaaahh

Winona

Vic and I have worked shoots together in Montrose and Ackley

Alex

I am in the Ames area, and would be willing to check out a range or meet with you if that would help.

Alex
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine