News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AMU International Marksmanship Guide from the 1970's

Started by jmdavis, October 14, 2011, 09:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

Some of the photos in here include Lanny Bassham (1972 Olympic Silver Medalist, 1976 Gold), John "Jack" Writer (1968 Silver, 1972 Gold), Lones Wigger (2 time Gold Medalist (1964 and 1972 and a 1964 Silver).  More importantly there is good advice relevant to both International Fullbore and Smallbore and precsions shooting in general.

Be prepared for some focused reading and also a glimpse into a time when the US ruled the International Shooting community.  You can learn alot from this 135 page book.

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/media.php?id=5298

Anyone who wants to discuss this information should contact me.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Spartan

Great Point!
Even the current International Guide has a lot more great stuff than the service rifle guide does...Gary Anderson recommends it.
"With your shield or on it"

jmdavis

We should probably mention that the current International and Service Rifle Guides are available from CMP www.odcmp.com in the E-Store.

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

Texas Rifleman

...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

jmdavis

Texas Rifleman,

You're welcome. I just hope that this information can be of use to people. Tax dollars paid to develop this information and these methods. We can learn from them and use them to good effect on the lines at Appleseed.