News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Best Appleseed promo video?

Started by Unbridled Liberty, October 13, 2011, 05:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

What is the best 3 minute or less Appleseed promo video? The audience is all adults.
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

George Hacker

Here is one of my personal favorites under 3 minutes:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sXGy4n-dsw

Great job, Indiana Appleseed!

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

scuzzy

I like this one at 45 secs. (Thanks techres)

Appleseed: A Different Classroom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WpPfyCodc0

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

techres

Quote from: scuzzy on October 13, 2011, 06:15:20 PM
I like this one at 45 secs. (Thanks techres)

Appleseed: A Different Classroom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WpPfyCodc0

Some day Fred will forgive me for those bipods....   :-\

**)
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Kosciusko

I like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ENOU2IMNA

shot by AC  CIVLAKFLT

I'm the fat guy at 0:24

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

AuntieBellum

Under 3?  Well...how about 4:11?  'Cause I'm still kinda partial to this one.   ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ2-ERRE6TE&feature=related
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

TruTenacity

Quote from: Kosciusko on October 13, 2011, 06:31:03 PM

I like this one:

shot by AC  CIVLAKFLT

Some administrative questions need to be asked and answered in order for the above youtube to be an "official" Appleseed branded promotional video.

Do you have a model release form for each of the folks in the video and do you have a photographer release form from the one(s) that took the video and pictures.

Has this video been submitted to the Advisory Board for approval in order to submit it to Fred for final approval?

If yes then that's great because the promo team is always looking for more videos to include in e-mail blitzes to various groups that may/should be interested in attending an AS event.

You may find the three approved promotional videos here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20871.0
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Kosciusko

Quote from: TruTenacity on October 13, 2011, 08:49:16 PM

I like this one:

shot by AC  CIVLAKFLT

Some administrative questions need to be asked and answered in order for the above youtube to be an "official" Appleseed branded promotional video.

Do you have a model release form for each of the folks in the video and do you have a photographer release form from the one(s) that took the video and pictures.

Has this video been submitted to the Advisory Board for approval in order to submit it to Fred for final approval?

If yes then that's great because the promo team is always looking for more videos to include in e-mail blitzes to various groups that may/should be interested in attending an AS event.

You may find the three approved promotional videos here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20871.0

Unless the release form is built into our standard waiver,  that would be a "no".  We could track them down, but it would be a major chore.

shot by CIVLAKFLT  this past June.   AFAIK,  all the stills and video are hers.

submitted to the board?   probably not

Kosciusko

TruTenacity

Patent Guy has helped the Advisory Board understand the necessity of being very, very careful when using photos, videos and music for promotional purposes.  The liability form is not the same as a photographer release form and a model release form.  Some of these two forms are floating around, but nothing has been put in print that is official at present.  Until then you may use the attached files which Patent Guy has help create.  Once the final is approved it will start showing up in shoot boxes.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

SPQR

I have a minor issue with the Kosciusko video.  There are a few shots that show instructors shooting without eye protection.  I don't want to bust anybody's cash and prizes.  Just sayin.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

techres

Holy cow!

That is awesome.  I cheat to make mine, that one there is real skill & talent!

Quote from: dragonfly on October 13, 2011, 07:23:19 PM
My favorite  O0

D-fly **)

I like this one:

shot by AC  CIVLAKFLT

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Blue Five

Quote from: SPQR on October 13, 2011, 10:13:21 PM
I have a minor issue with the Kosciusko video.  There are a few shots that show instructors shooting without eye protection.  I don't want to bust anybody's cash and prizes.  Just sayin.

At this particular club, anyone has the option to wear shooting glasses or not.  Hearing protection is a must across the board.  If I recall Appleseed guidelines, wearing safety glasses is club discretion.
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

professor gun

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to have some of these discussions by PM?  I know the person who made the La Crosse video put an awful lot of time and effort into it without being asked and before she took a blue hat; I would hope we are careful not to discourage initiative like this.

The La Crosse Rifle Club does not require shooting glasses unless someone is shooting the steel plates (12 yards from the line) on our handgun range; then everyone on the line is required to wear shooting glasses.
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

CIVLAKFLT

Hi. I do appreciate your concern. I will be sure to bring my release forms the next time we have a local AppleSeed. All the photos and video are mine and all the music I use is royalty-free. I have mentioned to people in the past that if they don't want their picture taken, I will honor their wishes.

Quote from: TruTenacity on October 13, 2011, 09:08:34 PM
Patent Guy has helped the Advisory Board understand the necessity of being very, very careful when using photos, videos and music for promotional purposes.  The liability form is not the same as a photographer release form and a model release form.  Some of these two forms are floating around, but nothing has been put in print that is official at present.  Until then you may use the attached files which Patent Guy has help create.  Once the final is approved it will start showing up in shoot boxes.

CIVLAKFLT

That's very kind of you, TechRes. Yours are very well done, too. I like the radio-quality of the audio in your intro video. One could rip the audio and play it on NPR or something. That's true talent!

Quote from: techres on October 13, 2011, 10:16:15 PM
Holy cow!

That is awesome.  I cheat to make mine, that one there is real skill & talent!

Quote from: dragonfly on October 13, 2011, 07:23:19 PM
My favorite  O0

D-fly **)

I like this one:

shot by AC  CIVLAKFLT

Castle Mountain

I like them all very much but this is my favorite along with Western Rose,s cactus cities ( youth video ) and the Wilmington NewMexico one.

I will say Techres one gotgreat traction at the web site of one of our ranges. I use them all to introduce Appleseed and promote it. We are blessed to have such talent. There willbemore to come I am sure but these are indeed wonderful. O0

Cheers,

CM

:
Quote from: Kosciusko linpic=25640.msg196351#msg196351 date=1318541463

I like this one:

shot by AC  CIVLAKFLT

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

colycat

Appleseed does not have eye protection as a requirement. Many ranges do, however.  Not La Crosse though.

Quote from: SPQR on October 13, 2011, 10:13:21 PM
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

SPQR

I understand that.  The issue wasn't about that club or how the video was produced or anything like that.  The material point is about how messages are communicated through the video.  UL is down in Kentucky, if someone is a range member at a range where they require eye protection how will they view the video?  I know this one dude who won't lend out his Garand to shoot unless somebody has eyes on because, since that particular rifle requires grease, he doesn't want them catching a piece of grease from an op rod cycling back.  When we round table our message, or workshop anything in general, for wider dissemination we have to evaluate the impact of the message but also the hidden curriculum within it.  What I brought up was not intended as a criticism of the producer, the shoot, the shooter, the range or anything like that, it was an evaluation of how I thought some armchair aficionado was going to interpret our video.  I just didn't think my original response needed that many words.  Though I am sure my other posts paint a different picture, SPQR (Optimus Maximus), doesn't like to talk ALL the time.  ::)
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

colycat

Quote from: professor gun on October 13, 2011, 10:52:35 PM
Perhaps it would be more appropriate to have some of these discussions by PM?  I know the person who made the La Crosse video put an awful lot of time and effort into it without being asked and before she took a blue hat; I would hope we are careful not to discourage initiative like this.

I guess I will respectfully disagree about going the PM route.  There has been some very good information and ideas about promotion videos on this thread.

I never caught on the shooters not wearing glasses, but SPQR did.  And his points are valid as to some being put off by no glasses.  Same with the waivers.  Some day soon an ASer is going to produce a video that goes viral on you tube.  It would be a shame if it has to be pulled because all the t's were not crossed.

You tube is full of million dollar commercials that never went public, because it was decided they were offensive or did not reach the target audience.  Case in point is Techres's "Different Class room".  I love it, but does having a very young girl with a AR 15 turn off some potential home schoolers? Maybe if he had some video of a young person shooting a LTR, it would hit a wider audience.

Open discussion on the forum is good, as everyone gets to see the pit falls and different point of views, that they would not know about if it is in PM's
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

CIVLAKFLT

I understand SPQRs point about the glasses. I do shoot training videos as part of my regular job and I am reminded from time to time to make sure all people in our videos are wearing their safety eequipment, whether their factory requires it or not, because the video is going to be seen by all the factories.