News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, GA Oct 8-9, 2011

Started by 4merUSMC1803, October 11, 2011, 10:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4merUSMC1803

Another great event at Waco; perfect weather & temps on Saturday, overcast and cool (but no rain)on Sunday.  Thanks to the West Georgia Youth Range for hosting!  As I mentioned at the closing, this was one of the most satisfying events I've attended in several months due to the measurable progress of the entire group of shooters.  Everyone came with a teachable attitude and worked diligently to learn each position, the Six Steps, and how to verify their Natural Point of Aim.  Although nobody achieved Rifleman status, everyone exhibited the quailties necessary to attain that lofty goal.  You now have the tools to practice and perfect the fundamentals at home.  This was an absolutely great group, with a thirst for knowledge, and it was a pleasure for the instructors to work this event.  Looking forward to your comments, suggestions, photos, and experiences for the weekend. 
D Lawley

cswhitfield

A big Amen to Darrell's comments above.  All of the attendees were outstanding in their attitudes and perseverance.  Two things that stand out in my mind are the amount of improvement by all over the course of the weekend and the attentiveness of all during the course instruction and History.  Also I believe this is the first Appleseed I have attended where all of the participants from Saturday returned on Sunday.  Thank you.  While giving thanks we want to again thank West Georgia Youth Range for your hospitality.  You folks are outstanding.  Your support is appreciated beyond what words can express.  A note of thanks also goes to Chip and Teresa for the fire wood.  They came over Friday evening for the sole purpose of bringing us firewood to ward off the evening chill.  Thanks guys!

Below are a few pictures.  I'll post some more later.  I know others were also taking pictures.  Please feel free to share them here along with your thoughts about the weekend and Appleseed.

Thanks again,

Craig
... what counts ... is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our bursts nor the smoke we make.  ... it is the hits that count.

4merUSMC1803

The post from wheeling_scholar linked below is germane to this AAR.   

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=25559.msg195722#msg195722

wheeling_scholar,
It was a real inspiration to have you at this event.  All of the instructors were in awe as we observed your persistence and desire.  Based on your teachable attitude and willingness to tackle a challenge, you'll attain that Rifleman status probably sooner, rather than later.  We salute your dedication and enthusiasm.
Keep at it,
4merUSMC1803
D Lawley

cswhitfield

A few more pics.
... what counts ... is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our bursts nor the smoke we make.  ... it is the hits that count.

cswhitfield

Last of the pictures I was able to take.  Hope that others who were taking pictures will post a few of them.