News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CONGRATULATIONS TO MICHIGAN'S NEW RED HAT "SWAMP THING"

Started by Superheat, October 10, 2011, 10:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

Thank you Miki for giving me the honor of handing Swamp Thing his red hat.  It has been a great summer working with ST.  He has surpassed every challenge that he was given.  ST is an excellent instructor.  I can't wait to have him working for me.   ;D
From his first event in Fenton when I pulled him by the leg to get his "body parts" behind the firing line I knew he was one of us.
Sir, Welcome to the fraternity, I could not be more proud of you.
Congrats, Brother

George Hacker

Congratulations, Swamp Thing!  Well done!  O0  ^:)^

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Superheat

ITB

Congrats, man.  Geez, it sure took you long enough!   O0

Now, back to work!   ~~:)

ETA:  Wow, dude, you have a small head.  Would've thought it'd be a little more swelled up.....
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Usul

Grindstone

Great job Swamp Thing!

Miki

Way to go Swampy!

Usul, you're hysterical...why didn't I think of that?

hawkhavn

Swampy,

Great job, all of you Michiganders are great!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Swamp Thing

Holy cow wow!

Folks, you've left me speechless. Well...almost.

The world's biggest thank you to everyone whom I've met on the Appleseed trail. You truly are the best group of people I've ever met!

Other than that.....speechless.....thank you!

P.S. Usul +1

ST

SteelThunder

Congrats sir!  Good to meet you at Watervliet and looking forward to working with you in the future.

Kris
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

waveman

Nice job SWAMP THING  O0

You beat me to red hat.  :(  Race you to SB?  ^-^

BTW, That's awesome that your family made it to the shoot to see you get your Red hat.  >:D

Superheat

AuntieBellum

Congratulations, Swamp Thing!!!

And wow, I'm glad no one is paying attention to me 'cause I look like a crazy person laughing to myself in Panera right now.   **)  I can't wait to make my way up to Michigan again.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

ITB

Well, since you mentioned it, we are in need of a Shoot Boss for Bellevue on 10/22-10/23......<poke><poke>   :-[

Quote from: AuntieBellum on October 11, 2011, 03:49:57 PM
Congratulations, Swamp Thing!!!

And wow, I'm glad no one is paying attention to me 'cause I look like a crazy person laughing to myself in Panera right now.   **)  I can't wait to make my way up to Michigan again.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Swamp Thing

Waveman, thanks, and I accept your challenge.

Now I have one for you. I want to see you in some red head gear by the end of 2011. Go!
O0

ST

Blue Five

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

mac66

Am I missing something here?  Just who is this Swamp Thing character?

Congrats  Steve.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

KitKat

Congrats Swamp Thing!!!
O0 O0 O0
Get back to the firing line...  :~ :~ :~
"Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; and walk in love, as Christ hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savor...  Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience."

MadHatter

Great job!!! You earned it!  ;)

I can't wait until I'm 16 ;) (or is it 18?  ???)

Madhatter

ps. tell Aria I said hi!!  :))
"Glove up!" Wizard
"Those who stand for nothing fall for everything." Alexander Hamilton

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Castle Mountain

You Mi fold slay me.Too much fun. You have Oct :oopi in Mi waters??? ;D

A hearty congratulations Swamp Thing. O0 O O0

Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in