News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR EXTRA - CINDY MAKES RIFLEMAN!

Started by Firewall99, October 10, 2011, 01:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewall99

EXTRA, EXTRA!  READ ALL ABOUT IT!

CINDY MAKES RIFLEMAN!

Peterborough, NH, October 9th, 2011 -- Cindy, possibly the most persistent Appleseeder of all time, earned her Rifleman patch today. Overcoming equipment and ammo problems that have plagued her for no less than 9 Appleseeds, Cindy bounced up an amazing 17 points to score 219 on the last AQT of the shoot.  When the AQT was scored, the crowd went wild.  There were hugs and tears in abundance.

Cindy didn't look well when she appeared at the shoot Sunday morning.  She was wearing a lower lumbar back brace and was obviously in pain.  Apparently, since her last shoot, she had developed a back problem that the chiropractor wouldn't treat, a flake of back bone impinging on a nerve.  Yet, in the tradition of the American Rifleman, she persisted, adapted, and overcame.  Louise, her faithful friend, helped by going down to the targets and relaying shot information.

Upon seeing the back brace, the Appleseed instructor staff seemed to gird themselves for another failed attempt.

When the ammo misfeeds began to happen again, the shoot boss walked over to the Smithy counter and picked up a box of round-tipped cartridges.  He then waited for the next malfunction.  Miraculously, it never happened. 

Seeing that Cindy was almost overwhelmed with the pressure--in more ways than one--the shoot boss said, "Cindy, remember the Rifleman's Bubble?"

The Rifleman's Bubble is a magical place where the outside world goes away.  When a Rifleman is totally in the bubble, focus on the shot is the only thing that exists.  Hot brass, bee stings, any kind of pain or distraction, whatsoever, just go away.

"I know it hurts, but what I want you to do is relax.  It's the hardest thing to do right now, but find your center.  You can do this."

The shoot boss stepped back.  Under his breath he said, "We've taught her everything we know, every which way, multiple times.  It's up to Cindy now."

Another AQT passed.  Cindy scored a 202.  The dejection began to set in.  There was time for only one more AQT, and Cindy was growing visibly angry with frustration.

The shoot boss was showing it, too.  In what seemed like a fit of exasperation he yelled, "Cindy, I want to you to channel your anger.  At the target.  That target is your personal enemy.  Think what's doing to you.  Shoot that [darn] thing!" 

And darn if she didn't!

Through her perspicacity, Cindy taught us all a valuable lesson.  No matter how frustrated, depleted, or finished one feels, there is ALWAYS a little bit more.

Never, never, EVER give up. 

If you see it, you can shoot it.  If you dream it, you can do it.
"The timid and fearful cannot defend liberty or anything else." - G. Edward Griffin, author of The Creature from Jekyll Island and founder of Freedom Force International (www.freedom-force.org)

"You make the decision now to be afraid, and you will never turn back--your whole life, you will always be afraid."
-- From "Unbreakable"

The litany against fear is an incantation used by the Bene Gesserit in Dune to focus their minds and calm themselves in times of peril. The litany is as follows:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

"Take away fear, and the battle of Freedom is half won." - William Ralp

loves2hunt59

George Hacker

Woohoo, Cindy!  Well done!   ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^

Good job, Appleseed instructors, for helping Cindy to break through the 210 barrier.

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Scarecrow

Janir

Congratulations Cindy! Took me 7 Appleseeds with various issues myself and only made mine Oct 2nd. See my stolen avatar pic. Persistence pays off!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

dwarven1

Quote from: Firewall99 on October 10, 2011, 01:13:26 PMNever, never, EVER give up.

Cindy, conga-rats!

Never give up; never surrender! (to quote one of Tim Allen's funniest roles).

Oh, and Janir? I hereby give you full permission to use MY motivator. The patch in that photo is on my denim jacket and you're looking at the actual round count, costs and time it took me to make Rifleman!
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Mr.Freedom

Congratulations Cindy. I think it took me about five or so to score rifleman, so I know the feelings about pressure and dejection, but you did it!! You rose to the occasion and somehow fought through the pain to shoot that fantastic AQT. Very inspiring. Im heading out to work now and feeling much better thanks to your exceptional can do American attitude. I am very impressed. Thank you again.
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

TruTenacity

Cindy,
Congratulations!
Way to focus and persist!
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Col. Morgan's Granddaughter

From West Virginia, this Cindi must chime in with her congratulations!!!

Way to go Cindy!!!

I hope next spring or summer you can return that congratulations to this old
gal.

Contratulations on making that goal.  You make all us Cindi's/Cindy's/Cyndi's, etc. look good.

Cindi, Clarksburg, WV :bow:  ^:)^
Cynthia
I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies.

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Cowboy Accountant

Congrats, Cindy!  Way to hang in there!