News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lodi Oct 8-9 2011

Started by dragonfly, October 10, 2011, 01:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

What a GLORIOUS weekend. Thanks to all who shared there weekend with us, and thanks to the Winnequah rifle club are range partner in Lodi WI.

D-fly   Keeping the Faith

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

POSTERITY  O0

K.I.S.S.

Infidel

What a great weekend!, Lots of new and young shooters came out to hear some history and learn to be Riflemen ^:)^. HOORAY! Taylor, our newest shoot boss!. Thanks D-Fly for a fun shoot.

RustyRed

^:)^ HOORAY ^:)^HOORAY ^:)^  way to go Tayor!!! I am so happy for you!!! O0
See you in Spooner!! Congrats!!!

zamboni_driver

Janir

Thanks for the Appleseed! And thanks for letting us play on the 500 m target range. Learning to hit a 500+ m target with an AR-15 was fantastic. A real confidence booster!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Taylor

It was great working a shoot "down south". Instructors and shooters come on up north any time, usually plenty of room on our lines and plenty of spare beds at our place.

Thanks to all for your help and encouragement in making it through my third SBIT.

Hope to see you again soon.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

RangerTee

Great job to the instructors and thanks for a great weekend!  Kids had fun + we couldn't beat the weather.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."  - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Navy, 1942)

dragonfly

Quote from Lady Vetch:
AWESOME - took 2 new rifleman to do KD at steel. (11" plates)    1 had a garand he just received from CMP - other new to him AR.    Both had never shot long range - Both zeroed rifle at 25.  Garand shooter - had him do prone at 200 without adjusting sights.   BANG - Ching!  "No WAY!  I hit it?"  Had him do standard come ups for 300 then 400.  Right on...  Most times 8 out of 8.  AMAZING!    Gave him option of shooting at Rams at ~ 525 which we could barely see in the late afternoon sun high up on the hill.  Came up one extra click from standard.  He shoots.  "You hit the horns" - "OH MAN!  IT FELL OVER!!!!". He then proceeded to knock over the other rams one right after the other.  Talk about exciting!

AR shooter had a harder time.  He had to learn his sights and learned with real world experience why we had him zero his rifle the "correct" way.  He did exactly as Dfly told him - but didn't really understand why until we were shooting KD.  You could almost see the light bulb.  Then he had trouble because of the wind.    But once he learned to "read the trees" he was ringing steel too.     Even managed to ring the Rams.  It's amazing though - the 55 grain ammo barely dented the paint.  What a difference between the two rifles.     

They both walked away amazed!  This "basic" stuff we teach isn't just for CUB SCOUTS after all!

K.I.S.S.

Eric Buhlmann

A little late, but I promised D-Fly I'd get on here and post up, so here it is:

Although the Iron Sight Rifleman still eludes me, I had a great time....as usual.  Couldn't have asked for nicer weather to shoot in,  too. 

I can't even tell you all how much fun it was to go to the known distance range ( I was the M1 guy  :cool2: ) and take a crack at 200, 300, 400, and 525!  I've never shot at anything beyond 200 yds before, let alone with iron sights! To ring those steel plates was a blast!!! I was shocked to hit the 200 yd plate, but the confidence it provided made it easy to LET FREEDOM RING at 300, 400, and those teeny tiny little rams at 525!  That was truely awesome!!!  How cool is it to shoot a 57 year old battle rifle using 47 year old Greek surplus ammo and iron peeps to make those kind of shots today?  Using all of the rifleman skills I've learned shooting 'Seed, it seemed no harder than shooting at 25 meters.  That's cool.

Special thanks to Lady Vetch and her husband for taking the time to work with us on the KD range.  I truly appreciate that and it is an afternoon I won't soon forget.  Also Thanks to DragonFly for once again putting on an a great event!

"Did I seriously just hit that?"