News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Black Robe Regiment Seminar @ the Creation Museum-Oct 10th

Started by KYWindage, October 06, 2011, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYWindage

Found this in a mass homeschooler's email. Thought someone would like to go to this.
-

October 10 - Monday 
Seven Lies We're Being Told About America (History)

Dan Fisher: Seven Lies We're Being Told About America, October 10, 2011
Dan Fisher serves as the senior pastor at Trinity Baptist Church in Yukon, Oklahoma. As a pastor who is actively engaged in the fight to return America to its founding principles, Dan speaks from the perspective of one who is on the "front lines.
He will be coming to the Creation Museum on October 10 to share two signature presentations in a free evening event. At 6:30 Dan will present "Seven Lies We're Being Told about America." How often have you heard that the Constitution demands a "strict separation between church and state" or that "deists and atheists" founded America? Are these statements true?
Dan proposes that most Americans are completely unaware of the "true" history of our nation's founding, and consequently they believe things that simply are not true, or we are unable to defend the truth even if we know it. In this presentation, he discusses seven of the most often told and believed lies about America.
After a short break Dan will then present "Bringing Back the Black Robed Regiment" at 7:50. The British called patriot pastors the "Black Robed Regiment" and blamed them for the Revolution. These pastors preached politics from their pulpits and led their congregations off to war. Yet most modern American pastors haven't even heard of them. In this presentation, Dan Fisher will give a brief history of these "patriot pastors" of the Revolution and show why he believes we need them today.
This event is free and open to the public. No Creation Museum ticket or membership is required for admission. Reasonably priced snacks, soft drinks, and coffee will be available for purchase throughout the first part of the evening. You will also be able to browse a wide selection of resources and gifts from the Creation Museum bookstore just outside of Legacy Hall.
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct