News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Black Robe Regiment Seminar @ the Creation Museum-Oct 10th

Started by KYWindage, October 06, 2011, 01:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYWindage

I'd thought that I would pass this along since this is up ya'lls way. I might attend, just need to plan.

October 10 - Monday 
Seven Lies We're Being Told About America (History)

Dan Fisher: Seven Lies We're Being Told About America, October 10, 2011
Dan Fisher serves as the senior pastor at Trinity Baptist Church in Yukon, Oklahoma. As a pastor who is actively engaged in the fight to return America to its founding principles, Dan speaks from the perspective of one who is on the "front lines.
He will be coming to the Creation Museum on October 10 to share two signature presentations in a free evening event. At 6:30 Dan will present "Seven Lies We're Being Told about America." How often have you heard that the Constitution demands a "strict separation between church and state" or that "deists and atheists" founded America? Are these statements true?
Dan proposes that most Americans are completely unaware of the "true" history of our nation's founding, and consequently they believe things that simply are not true, or we are unable to defend the truth even if we know it. In this presentation, he discusses seven of the most often told and believed lies about America.
After a short break Dan will then present "Bringing Back the Black Robed Regiment" at 7:50. The British called patriot pastors the "Black Robed Regiment" and blamed them for the Revolution. These pastors preached politics from their pulpits and led their congregations off to war. Yet most modern American pastors haven't even heard of them. In this presentation, Dan Fisher will give a brief history of these "patriot pastors" of the Revolution and show why he believes we need them today.
This event is free and open to the public. No Creation Museum ticket or membership is required for admission. Reasonably priced snacks, soft drinks, and coffee will be available for purchase throughout the first part of the evening. You will also be able to browse a wide selection of resources and gifts from the Creation Museum bookstore just outside of Legacy Hall.
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

Ratchett

Thank you for the info!! Making arrangements now to attend

In HIs grip,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

techres

A couple of thoughts:

1. Tread carefully with SOM SOM.  This is the sort of thing that done right could be a HUGE promotional win for us all, however a few careless words coming from someone with a hat could hurt us in a bad way.  You are all great hats, but be especially careful in the SOM SOM arena.

2. I had a flyer that was for ministers that I was playing with last year.  It never got approved through the IN SC for use.  I could find it and re-run it through the system.  It may or may not be useful

3. Good luck!  As AB has proven with her shoot, if you get an entire youth group, you have a very full shoot.

O0

Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

oladcock

KYW, Good stuff and I passed this link on to our Pastor. Yes, we have to becareful to SOM but I think we ourselves distort and twist our history if we ignore it completely. The NT in the hands of the masses was the spark that created this nation and it'll be what saves it as well.....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Fred

I hope this will be viewed as an Opportunity to Appleseed at least one person - the speaker!

He needs to know about this program. If he knows, he may be willing to help out.

I'd suggest, after telling him what we're about,  that we go about inviting him to an AS - gratis.

Think: Swing for the fence!!!

O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Ratchett

Ahead of you Fred, got it covered ;)

In His grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

Castle Mountain

Thought ya'all might find this of interest      http://www.thenewamerican.com/history/american/1789[/url][/b]

http://www.alandcalledamerica.com/resurrecting-the-black-robe-regiment

You can enlist right here :
  http://blackroberegiment.ning.com/

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/index.php

http://www.calvarycch.org/ccch/media_center.php?video=1&p=JHX&s=288  Great video.

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: Fred on October 07, 2011, 04:04:59 PM

I hope this will be viewed as an Opportunity to Appleseed at least one person - the speaker!

He needs to know about this program. If he knows, he may be willing to help out.

I'd suggest, after telling him what we're about,  that we go about inviting him to an AS - gratis.

Think: Swing for the fence!!!

O0
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

oladcock

Good stuff, guys and gals. Our Pastor hates it when we give him reasearch projects! LOL...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Ratchett

The presentation was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!  Dan Fisher speaks our language and is marching to the same drum. He speaks of the historical value the Black Robed Regiment played in the founding of this country and is actually challenging ministers to get on board and preach as ministers preached 260+ years ago, beginning with the Great Awaking. It is fact based and historical, all can be used in our heritage accounts. We are missing the steam ship if we do not begin to incorporate into our history!! In 3 years this group of pastors has grown from 33 to over 500 nation wide.

Anyone in the Tri-state area of the Creation museum and can make it Thursday at 12n, Fisher is repeating his presentation-- way worth the time and effort!!

Pastor Fisher is from Oklahoma, near Okla City, AS info given and discussed as well as free certificates to shoot. He is a gun and 2A enthusiast, has a range on his property  ^:)^

Passed out flyers, a couple had heard of AS most had not  :(  Majority of room was from states other than Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky.

Please check out the web sites Castle Mountain (thanks Phil!!) provided...

In His grip,
ratchett