News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Finding a lawyer

Started by Kick-in-the-pants, October 06, 2011, 12:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kick-in-the-pants

Okay folks, I've heard it time and time again that I need to have a lawyer before I ever need to defend myself.  So how does somebody go about finding a lawyer that is knowledgeable on firearms laws AND can defend somebody in court?

I've asked around, but nobody seems to have any good advice on how to find one...  Thanks guys! 

MeanStreaker

A good thing to think about ahead of time.

Ohioans For Concealed carry maintains a free pro-gun attorney listing.  No one on that list is recommended or endorsed by OFCC, it's just a listing.

It depends where you're at, but I would recommend talking to Derek Debrosse, as well as David Kessler (can't find a webpage, you can PM me if you want a phone number).  Both are very knowledgeable about gun rights and work with OFCC.  They can either help you, or perhaps point you in another direction.

I hope that answers your question, and since we try to keep our Appleseed forums Appleseed related so we can stay on Mission, I'm going to lock the thread.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)