News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kane County Sportsman's Show Oct 2011

Started by Ewald, October 05, 2011, 12:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ewald

Yes indeed. The turning of leaf colors harkens many things. It means late nights driving combines, pumpkin pie, and the beginning of gun show season in Northern Illinois!  ^:)^

We have a table at the Kane County Gun Show on Sunday October 9th. Show times are 8:00-13:00 at the Kane County Fair Grounds in St. Charles. Setup is around 7:30. The October show is usually well attended with folks restocking supplies they used over the summer. It is a great opportunity to spread the word of Appleseed.

We are booked here for the season. Who wants to help help sing the Applseed song? More importantly, who is bringing the doughnuts?  O0

Karl

I'll be at the Marion AS on Oct 9th, but I can and will be at the Kane county show on Dec. 11th.

Thanks,

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

BigMike

I'd be down for it, but, I may still be on the road back from family stuff in Oklahoma. 

Ewald

I'll leave your name at the gate Mike. No worries either way. Take care of your family.

Ewald

Well the first show of the season here went about as expected. This show has changed a lot over the years, but it still has an old home feel for me. Of course it is my old home, but that is another story.  :cool2:

They did add parking control people in the out lots. I hope it continues for the season. It helped a lot.

We came with 100 new schedules and a box full of promotional material. I went home with no schedules and the box was considerably lighter. This means we personally talked to 100s of people about the wonders of Marksmanship and Heritage at Appleseed. We saw folks from all walks of life including many of the Law Enforcement community who were very interested.

We also spent some time talking to a local State Senator and a few County office holders. When political candidates are stumping gun shows for support, you know we have found fertile ground. When talking about liberty with Senator Lauzen, he lectured me "We're not doing enough! GET PEOPLE TO VOTE!" I think he must know Fred.

Thanks to BlueMagRT for sitting spell to give me a potty break. BigMike stopped by after driving halfway across the country the night before. Special thanks to BrownBessEd for joining in the last half of the day.

I heard a rumor that Team Illinois is dead. I don't know about that, but Team NIPC (Northern Illinois Promotions Crew) is alive and well singing the song of Appleseed. Next show at Kane County is December 11th. I think Karl is going to take the lead. No matter what you will see a thread here when the date approaches.

Patriot Gal

Sounds like a good promotions weekend!  Thanks to everyone for pitching in to help out!   O0  Yes, Appleseed in Illinois is very much alive and well in Illinois!  See you all Saturday in Clinton.   :cool2:
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan