News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dubuque Iowa, October 1-2

Started by Whisker, October 04, 2011, 12:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisker

Eleven shooters on the line Saturday morning, thanks to the local recruitment efforts!  This was the first shoot for the local Peosta Isaak Walton range, and the club seems off to an excellent start with it's Appleseed residency. 

Cooper and myself were extremely impressed with the positive attitudes and pure ability to learn in this group!  By the end of Saturday, we had new shooters scoring in the 180s on their AQTs!

Sunday gave us two riflemen- Rex and Matt.  Congrats guys!  Rex has also decided to take up an Orange hat, and be the grounding for NE Iowa's Appleseed efforts!  Thanks Rex, once you're on the board please chime in.

Nate just came short of the Rifleman score with a 207.  Sharon up in the 180s, along with with Lockwood boys.  And Miller, almost there with a 196-  Hope you make it to Winterset.

All in all, an excellent shoot.  Thanks to all, especially the Allens'.

I can tell Dubuque is just on the cusp of becoming an Appleseed anchor point. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Old Glory!

O0  Good to see more Appleseeds in Iowa.  Thanks to all who came out; students and instructors.  And the range for hosting Appleseed! 
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

IXOYE

I can't say enough good things about this event. The instructors were fantastic, the participants were great, and the weather could not have been any better. Everyone had a great time so I have no doubt we can spread the word and fill up our next shoot as well.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Miller

Thanks Whisker, I'm feeling good about my progress so far.
To be so consistently scoring in the mid 190's late in the day on Sunday tells me I'm really close.

And I'm hopeful for Winterset. 
If we ever hear from our client contact at work I might be able to actually make some plans.
Fearful but resolute.

Cooper

Finally!
Pix, I hope...
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Cooper

Arrrrghh
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

loves2hunt59

That feller in the green hat looks a might familiar.   Thanks again Kyle and Cooper.

Miller

Looking good for me to make Winterset!
WOHOO! O0
Fearful but resolute.

Cooper

Indeed, at the urging of Kelly, I went digging through my camera and found pictures that I had not taken !!!!

Lo, and behold, the commemorative photos of the presentations of the Rifleman patch to Rex and Matt were discovered and rescued from a digital dungeon...

May I present to you, Dubuque's first homegrown Riflemen....

Patriot Gal

Whisker!  Is that a remote control in your hand???  How's that working??  **)
(Could be a zapper, I guess...."If you don't watch that trigger control,  I'll, I'll, I'll........!!!)

Patriot Gal
(The one who tries to open the front door with the key fob for the car!!! lol)

Quote from: Cooper on October 06, 2011, 04:16:11 AM
Finally!
Pix, I hope...
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

IXOYE

My wife had my Orange hat customized for Christmas. Put my handle on the back. Thought I'd share it with everyone.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Whisker

Quote from: ΙΧΘΥΣ on December 28, 2011, 03:47:40 PM
My wife had my Orange hat customized for Christmas. Put my handle on the back. Thought I'd share it with everyone.

Great! It seems like you're stitched in and ready for 2012.  The only problem: where will our Iowa Appleseeds be this year in order to wear it?

Winterset has four set and ready to go...

April 28-29
May 19-20
Sept 29-30
Oct 20-21

A good start. 

It's going to be a really good year.  Iowa's ready for it.

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Cooper

HOAHH!!

Give me dates so that I can apply for time away from the chain-gang to promote the salvation of our Nation!
Coop

Whisker