News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

~~~AAR Piqua WINTERSEED!!! :D~~~

Started by Ishy, December 19, 2011, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishy

What a wonderful Appleseed we had this weekend in Piqua, OH!  Temperatures in the 30's and steady snowfall on Saturday definitely qualified this shoot as a Winterseed, no matter what Slim says.   ;)  We had a very successful shoot with two riflemen and excellent shot groups from the rest of the seven shooters.  All participants seemed very enthusiastic about the heritage and making a difference in this country.  HUZZAH!   O0

Special thanks to Piqua Fish & Game for the use of the amazing range and clubhouse facility.  Having a covered firing line is a real treat, especially in adverse weather.   :))  The atmosphere of the coyboy shoot stations set the mood for some seriously fun shooting.

Fred and Nick, it was a pleasure having you share the weekend with us.  You are excellent shooters; can't wait to see you get your patches in the next couple shoots you attend....   ;)  ;)  ;)

Phil and Matt, thanks for making it out.  Congratulations on getting rifleman, Phil!!!  It was so exciting seeing you nail that AQT.  Matt, take after your buddy's persistence and you'll be right there too.   You did outstanding this weekend, especially for your very first Appleseed.  O0

Zach, I think you made it over a hump this weekend and you're knocking on the door of getting rifleman soon.  Just remember to shoot in cadence and focus your eye on the front sight.  You've got the rest down pat.   8)

Abby, I think your dad should start using you as "superdummy" in SHF demonstrations.  Your position is picture perfect.  I'm so jealous lol.

Mandee and Dawnna, it's refreshing seeing family members being supportive of instructors.  Thanks for coming out and persisting through the unpleasant conditions.  Your shooting is great.

Bill, congratulations on your rifleman achievement as well!!!  It was a joy having you on the line.  Hope to see you around soon with a funny looking hat like the rest of us.   :cool2:

Instructors, as always, it's a blast spending a weekend with such patriotic and genuine individuals.  I hope some of you got pictures to post.  This shoot was a Winterseed to remember!  Let freedom ring!!!   ^:)^
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Joni

Did it really happen if there are no pictures??   :cool2:

Congratulations to all the new riflemen, so looking forward to meeting up with you on the Appleseed trail!!

Joni

Ishy

Hehe yes...somebody got pictures, just not me.   ;)
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

DGMilty

Yes, a great shoot indeed!  Thank you to everyone who came out this weekend, even if it was for one day. 

Ishy summed everything up, but congrats again to the new Riflemen!

Ohio weather is very interesting, one minute its snowing, the next its warm and sunny! 

It was great to see some of my fellow instructors again, as well as some repeat shooters. 

Keep up the dry practice!

Oh, and pictures...I will get them on here soon!
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

the buckeye trapper

Thanks again to all the instructors and students that made our fifth Piqua shoot a success. Any shoot that turns out two new rifleman is a good one. Way to go Phillip and Bill! New shooters Fred and Nick showed a lot of progress and some of the return shooters are getting a lot closer to that rifleman patch. I agree with DGMilty, it was great to see and work with fellow instructors again. Slim made sure we all got plenty of practice with our history presentations and teaching demos as well as trigger time. The hot chocolate Dave made was excellent and Sunday's weather was downright balmy.

DGMilty

Proof of the "patch!"
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Messer454

Sorry it took me so long guys.  I was only there for a little while Saturday morning for registration but I took some pics.  Good to see everyone again.  Thanks for making this a success in Piqua.  Congrats Phillip and Bill!

See you all next year!
"Be Prepared"......It is more than a motto, it is a way of life.