News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

../\.. Proctor Vermont October 1/2, 2011

Started by R1SGx2, October 03, 2011, 10:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1SGx2

Thank you to Proctor Fish and Game for allowing us to use your facilities.

What a beautiful Fall weekend in Vermont, no better a weekend then to help save OUR NATION. As with the Northeast, it was cold and rainy Saturday with winds that kept blowing our EZ-Up's away. And Sunday, no rain but you could see your breath. Vermont on October 1st is called Peepers weekend where people come far and wide to see the foliage. Hopefully they too will have Project Appleseed on their map.

Our shooters were very eager to learn. We were Honored to have 3 Cadets from Norwich Military University Shooting Team. When they graduate they will be Commissioned 2nd Lieutenant's; Matthew is going into the U.S. Army, Steven T. the U.S. Navy and Daniel the U.S. Marine Corp's. Thank you for your service to OUR NATION. I am proud to be part of your life. I have never seen anyone getting into the sitting position and change NPOA faster then Matthew.

There was a Family of three with dad Michael and children Michala and Nathan. Dad was doing well, we set Michala and Nathan up as designated snipers. Michala with a scoped 10/22 and Nathan with a Colt M-4 / 22, dad was shooting a AR-15. Michala and Nathan were soon into their serious Riflemen's Bubble, both shooting nice groups.

James stepping to the line; very intense shooter and helped us along at points with history. Good work, see you soon.

Then there was Steven H. Steven paved the path with Riflemen scores. 216, 217, 218, 226 and 228; once finding it, he continued to practice the trigger reset. This was his first Appleseed and backed up his scores once he got into the Bubble. A man that knows what he is about.

It was a pleasure to work with such great people. That includes the instructors, RoadRunner, Dakota30 and MPH_VT, Alan his first Appleseed wearing an Orange hat, and it looks good...

I know pictures will follow.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

The Mrs.

We are New Englanders....weather didn't stop the patriots on April 18-19, 1775, nor does it stop their progeny.  Adjust, adapt and persevere.  Good show, one and all!!

Young shooters are always great to have on the line, as are our future leaders.  Proud of you one and all.

Sue

Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Spartan

Sounds great!!! Wish there would have been room for more.
"With your shield or on it"

roadrunner

Huge thanks to R1sgx2, Dakota30, and MPH_VT for helping us out in VT. ^:)^
A great time was had by all in spite of wind and rain. No complaints by any shooters as usual despite harsh conditions. Great job Steven H.(Rifleman)!
Great to have the Norwich cadets. Good luck in your military careers!
Thanks for shooting with us James, Nathan, Michala and Michael! :~
The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you."  Joseph Heller

Mph_VT

I don't know.

I don't know if it was standing with a hat on for the first time

or essentially the youngest group of shooters I have ever seen 

or the cold, wet, windy weather,

but this was for me a most exhilarating Appleseed.

Our family of three had what seemed to me a practiced approach to their shooting. Michael and Nathan both steadfast shooters and Michala with such disciplined energy, determination and purpose.

James and Steven also steady focused shooters. Steven, with a virtually singular kneeling position, consistently nailing Rifleman scores.

Norwich cadets, Daniel, Matt and Steven, it was ever so good to have you there.  It was gratifying to see you find your targets after so much contention with your equipment. 

Being at this first Appleseed as an instructor has been a truly an affirmation.  I look forward to subsequent shoots with avid anticipation.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.

Learned Hand

Sir, the gods of the valley are not the gods of the hills, and you shall understand it.             

Ethan Allen

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"