News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Columbiana, AL Sep 24-25, 2011

Started by 4merUSMC1803, September 28, 2011, 12:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4merUSMC1803

In Columbiana, AL it was a beautiful weekend with just the vaguest hint of fall in the air. Saturday morning found 24 eager individuals on the line, ready to challenge themselves. The day began with a rousing rendition of history given by cadman.

Not a single cloud in the sky, as the day warmed up so did our participants. As the temperatures climbed they began to shrink groups, by and large. They heard about stable positions and steady hold factors, practiced the 6 steps, and learned about NPOA.  They followed Captain Davis down to the North Bridge and went along as General Heath sent various companies to take up positions in the Circle of Fire around Lord Percy's brigade as it retreated to the east!

Sunday dawned with a slight overcast, but 20 hardy patriots returned to the firing line.  After some review of Saturday's instruction, the shooters began to polish their skills in earnest. Groups began to shrink across the line and several students found themselves knocking on the Rifleman's door.  After lunch, where DUHON introduced the class to several dangerous old men and brave women, two individuals proved to all of us that they "know very well what they are about"; Brandon H. persevered through disappointment and earned the coveted Rifleman designation with a solid 228 on the AQT.  Not to be outdone, 15 year old Jonathan P. tallied a 226 when he put four solid AQT stages together.  Both of these tyros received sincere congratulations from students and instructors alike. 

All in all, the weekend was immensely enjoyable. The Shelby County Sheriff's Office once again proved to be the perfect host.  Special thanks to tlawley, the SCSO range representative. He opened this wonderful facility to further the goals of saving a Nation.  Hopefully all the shooters, who were a pleasure to work with, benefited from the hosting of the SCSO and the instruction and coaching by the excellent Appleseed volunteers.

Thank you all for making this a successful Appleseed event!  Stay tuned for photos.
D Lawley

4merUSMC1803

Here are photos graciously provided by Tlawley:
D Lawley

Maximum Ordinate

Darrell, my son and I had a great time.

Just a note for any other Appleseeders:  if you want to drop a note of appreciation to the Shelby County Sherriff for his hospitality, his email address is:  ccurry@ShelbySO.com.

best,
Rusty
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

PBRG

Congrats to Johnathan and Brandon on scoring the patch. I was pretty sure you both would do it Sunday. I hate I couldn't be back for Sundays program but work gets in the way of pleasure.
Welcome to the ranks of the Rifleman. Now it's time to share what You learned with others and consider becoming a IIT.
Instructor in training

The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it.

The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it!!

tlawley

The weather was perfect. The shooters were great. All tightened their groups and showed marked improvement. Top notch instructors. All made for a great weekend.
Congrats and good job to all who attended. Especially those who earned the patch

hookemandbookem

Thanks to all of the great instructors and staff who made my experience, great and introduced me to a portion of history that I knew very little about. Special thanks to tlawley who helped told me about Appleseed and helped me set up a rifle. I had a great time and couldn't be prouder of my 228. I hope to see some familiar faces at Tuscaloosa and get that orange hat.

Brandon H.

hookemandbookem