News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Has a New Junior Orange Hat!

Started by George Hacker, September 27, 2011, 10:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Congratulations, Andrew (aka AndrewOR), for shooting a rifleman's score and stepping up to take an orange hat to become an instructor in training.  Let me tell you Andrew's story.

Andrew is a 14 year old young man who has been coming to a few Appleseeds with his father and brother.  I first met them at the August Castle Rock Appleseed when I took my orange hat and bumped into them again in Springfield Oregon at the September 17 shoot.  Here is a picture of Andrew deep in thought as he studied the AQT to prepare for shooting on Saturday morning in Springfield:

Clearly this young man was on a mission.  He has the heart of a rifleman - he persists and doesn't give up.

Last Sunday afternoon I dropped in at the Castle Rock, WA shoot and when I saw Andrew, I told him to study the story of Luther Blanchard.  Andrew likes history so I expect he will do a good job when it is his turn to tell stories of the American Revolution.  "Andrew, you need to knuckle down and shoot riflemen so we can get you an orange hat."  He took me seriously and did that very thing.  It was a pleasure to see him accomplish what he set out to do.

Here's a picture of Andrew taking the orange hat:

Andrew is a bright young man and he has a servant's heart.  Young men like him give me a lot of hope for the next generation.

Kids, Andrew proved to me that you don't have to be an old man or woman to become a rifleman and learn how to instruct others at an Appleseed.  I'm sure I speak for all the other instructors at Appleseed when I say that we look forward to working with you, Andrew, at different shoots on the Appleseed trail!

^:)^ Huzzah!   ^:)^ Huzzah!   ^:)^ Huzzah!

- Shadowman
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

TruTenacity

Congratulation!  Welcome aboard.  If you and your family ever get the chance to head east we'd love to have you work events in ID.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

AndrewOR

Thanks Shadowman & TruTenacity. It was about time I shot rifleman, considering that was my fourth appleseed  :wb: . Hopefully we can get some more young shooters to come to appleseeds, its a great way to spend weekends. I'm pretty sure the next apple seed I make will be October in Castle Rock. Now if only I can get aquire of a hat  :)

TruTenacity

Quote from: AndrewOR on September 28, 2011, 01:00:49 AM
Now if only I can get aquire of a hat  :)

Western Rose, Evenstar, and I are heading to Lebam, WA this weekend to instruct at Washington State's first Ladyseed.  Joni will be joining us.  We're bringing some hats which we'll pass of to her.  I'm sure the next time you see Joni she'll have an Orange Hat that will fit you just fine.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

George Hacker

Andrew,

The Appleseed elves are working overtime to make sure you get that orange hat soon - well before the Castle Rock shoot in October.  Until then you have some studying to do.

Since you now have Instructor in Training status in the forums, you have access to materials you need to study to prepare you for your first performance check.  The first thing you must learn is safety related.

Also please study the story of Luther Blanchard.  I'll work with you to prepare you to tell his story on Sunday at lunch when the story of dangerous old men (and women and young boys) are shared.

Again, congratulations and thanks for taking the hat,

- ShadowMan

PS - I agree that it would be wonderful to get more young shooters.  Appleseeds are a lot of fun for all ages, well maybe not toddler and preschool-aged kids but you get the idea.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Scarecrow

Western Rose

Well done! Welcome to the Junior Instructor Cadre!!!

And yes, your hat is already packed up and ready to head toward Lebam.  ;)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Evenstar

Congratulations and thanks for stepping up, Andrew! O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

zakir90

Thanks! This is something I've really missed and was very happy to find. :)