News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fenton, MI 9/24-25/11 AAR

Started by BeeFree, September 25, 2011, 08:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeFree

Another fabulous Fenton shoot thanks to our blue-hatted range liaison, softseller, a great crew, and 20 very motivated shooters... for once, even the weather cooperated.  The Fenton range was newly cleared and graveled, so even when it rained on us a bit Sunday, there was no sea of mud! 

We patched three new Riflemen on Saturday, and a returning 'Seeder earned hers on Sunday afternoon.  The youngest shooter on the line, age 9, hit a 195 on his first AQT -  but what impressed me most was his persistence through the entire weekend... I don't think he ever took a break!  We should all be so motivated!  There were several family groups on the line, and I love seeing three generations shooting together.  With 6 of those ROC stickers being used, I'm looking forward to seeing you all again!

As soon as softseller posts his pics, I'll add a link from here. 

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Superheat

Finally nice weather at Fenton!  First thanks to Softseller for the hospitality.  O0
Congratulations to our new riflemen:
Mark, MarkII, Jason and Kristin.
Kristin yes you did it!  ^:)^

We also saw huge improvements in ALL the shooters. 

A big Huzzah to TEAM GREEN!  Huge gains in finding NPOA.  Keep it up Knoll and Miles.

We could not help enjoying the Morris family. The family that Appleseeds together......

Jerry your tenacity is an inspiration. :)

The cherry on top of the weekend was Connor.  WOW.  What a great kid.  Dad you should be proud.

LouieMacGoo

Superheat and Beefree, Thanks so much for the great weekend! I had a great time and learned a lot. I am also looking forward my next shoot.

LouieMacGoo
a.k.a. Leigh

Superheat

Hear ye! Hear Ye!  Did someone lose a black sling.   The Morris family found one in their gear that is not theirs.  They are eager to return it to its rightful owner. 
Please let me know if it is yours.
Superheat

Swamp Thing

No snow, no sleet, no pouring rain, no wind or freezing temperatures. Can somebody please confirm that we were really in Fenton!

Softseller, you work hard and do such a great job at this range for us, I'm halfway convinced you even rigged the weather this time. Outstanding! O0

If everyone in attendance this weekend had half as much fun as I did, then it was a huge success. Everyone showed a great attitude towards learning and we came away with 4 new riflemen/riflewomen. Congrats to Kristen, Mark, Jason, and Mark II. Although, Mark, I have to ask you...are Mark II and Conner really just your brothers and you made them show up disguised as a 13 and 9 year old. Holy cow wow can they shoot!  :---

Don't wait until next year to come back to Fenton. Let me rephrase that. Do come back to Fenton next time but before then, please come back to any of our remaining shoots this year and bring friends. @@)

ST

Rascal21

Looks like a great time!!! I like Swampys suggestion, come join other groups, like Bellevue. We have one more shoot planned for this year, would love to fill both sides of the lines. 10/22 and 23.

I need to get out to some other ranges and check them out, this looks awesome!

Congrats to the newest Riflemen/women!

mac66

Great weather, great history, great shooting, great fun, great fellowship. What more could one ask for! 

Welcome all to the Appleseed family.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Misfire

Fantastic event! I enjoyed everything about it, especially Conner! What a joy to behold! I ended up with a 10/22 mag that belongs to Mosca (?). He was the fellow that brought the great sandwiches. If he has an email address or phone number, I would like to get it to him. Any ideas BeeFree? Thanks! Terry Gardner.

Swamp Thing

Quote from: Misfire on September 28, 2011, 05:47:53 PM
Fantastic event! I enjoyed everything about it, especially Conner! What a joy to behold! I ended up with a 10/22 mag that belongs to Mosca (?). He was the fellow that brought the great sandwiches. If he has an email address or phone number, I would like to get it to him. Any ideas BeeFree? Thanks! Terry Gardner.

Hey Misfire,

BTW, how did you ever get that forum handle? You would think that would have been gone years ago. Awesome!

Mosca is my shootin' buddy up here in Saginaw but he's pretty much allergic to computers. It's doubtful he'll ever see this forum. I'll call him and let him know you have it.

I'm going to send you a PM with my contact info. If you want to get in touch with me, we can figure out a way to get his mag back.

Thanks, and hope to see you again soon with that Rifleman opportunity card.

ST

Superheat

softseller

What a pleasure to host yet another outstanding group of shooters at Fenton Lakes Sportsmans Club!  Thanks to all the stellar instructors for a job well done!  ... and thank you Mother Nature!... we earned this one  ;)  Here is the photo gallery (eight pages)... click on thumbnails for moderate resolution pictures.  If you have any you would like in larger format, email me with the photo number(s), and I'll send along!

http://www.shootsweets.com/uploads/Appleseed/Fenton_Sept_2011/index.html

Enjoy!

Johnnyappleseed

^5
Michigan ,truly have men and women who know what they are about.
Hi to all and welcome to our new forum members and 1st time posts.
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

LouieMacGoo

Just got around to getting these pics on my computer and thought I would share. Enjoy!

Kilo Davis

i would just like to send a belated thank you to everyone who helped with the event. Super Heat, thanks for keeping an eye out for Team Green. I am excited to attend next year, and I will bring along some new people since I have been getting the word out. I had a blast every minute of the weekend, and loved the lunchtime history lessons. I would also like to thank BeeFree for introducing me to paperbookswap.com, I am a big fan.

If I can do anything to help out next year, let me know!

-Kilo Davis
(Miles)

Miki

Kilo Davis,

Bring everyone you know so we have full lines!

Glad you enjoyed the shoot!