News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boulder MT 9-24, 25 2011

Started by Mark Davis, September 24, 2011, 11:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Six shooters on the line today.
All were well versed in rifle operation which enabled us to get a round count of 341 for Sat. There were no repete appleseeders on the line.
One new rifleman today with every other shooter showing good promise. The rapid fire with transition, mag change, and natural point of aim shift are giving our shooters a hard time.
Perhaps with a bit of ibprofen, a good rest, then the jedi powers will let these shooters fire without fussing the shots.
I wish you all smooth mag changes tomorrow!

Mark Davis

Six shooters on the line today five from yesterday and a new one for Sunday. Three new riflemen for the weekend total.
Congratulatins Nick, Vaughn and Brandon!
Eli and Greg both of you so close, do some drills in the transitions, visulize what you will do ahead of time to get the transition smoothed out so you have more time to fire during the rapid fire periods.
Arron, get a second mag for your marlin, useing your own familiar equipment will be a plus.
Lenoard, you were making great gains, even though your rifle is a bit big, you will grow into it.

Necee

Maybe the 3rd time's the charm....
Saturday pictures

Necee

More of Day one into Day 2....

Necee

Rest of Day 2.  Congrats to all that came and worked so hard!!  I don't know that I've seen a more studious group before.  I loved that during all the demonstrations shooters were trying to get what the instructors trying to show them.  Hope to see you all back on the trail soon!!

evorgsumaf

Denise, ( I hope I spelled it correctly)
Thanks so much for the pictures, it's fun to look back on the weekend.
Brandon.

Tackleberry30

Denise, Thank you for posting the pictures!  It was an awesome weekend can't wait for the next one.
Aaron

George Hacker

Shooters, your preparation period for your next Appleseed begins now!

If you use Facebook, becomes friends of the "Northwest Region Project Appleseed" page.  We copied several of Necee's pictures there so you can easily share them with your friends.  If you click the "Share" button at the bottom of the photo album for this shoot, your Facebook friends will see it appear on your wall.  Our hope is that this will generate an interest and perhaps one of your friends will come with you to your next shoot.

Good job to all who attended the Boulder shoot.  Compare your prone positions while you shot the first redcoat target with the rest of the photos.  You were a *very* teachable group!

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Necee

You are all very welcome!!  Hope to see you at the next Appleseed!  And you're right ShadowMan- they were a VERY teachable group- it was sure a great weekend!

Denise

RegularGolf

Denise, thanks for all the pictures (and Facebook pics)!  Wish I could have made it to day 2!

HUGE thanks to Mark and Tyson for their outstanding instruction, patience, time, and history class!

Congrats to Vaughn (knew you'd get 'er!) and Brandon!

I've been chomping at the bit to go to another, especially a Winterseed!  Wish we could get something in MT again.  I know Butte has an awesome full-length range and not much scheduled for the winter.  Perhaps?

Best Regards,

Nick

Mark Davis

Quote from: RegularGolf on October 27, 2011, 04:29:00 PM
Denise, thanks for all the pictures (and Facebook pics)!  Wish I could have made it to day 2!

HUGE thanks to Mark and Tyson for their outstanding instruction, patience, time, and history class!

Congrats to Vaughn (knew you'd get 'er!) and Brandon!

I've been chomping at the bit to go to another, especially a Winterseed!  Wish we could get something in MT again.  I know Butte has an awesome full-length range and not much scheduled for the winter.  Perhaps?

Best Regards,

Nick

Nick, I'm so glad you you found the web site and posted.
If you can line up a place to shoot, Rocker Range, another range or even a safe place on private land, I will come do appleseed.
Mark

RegularGolf

Quote from: Mark Davis on October 27, 2011, 09:35:25 PM
Nick, I'm so glad you you found the web site and posted.
If you can line up a place to shoot, Rocker Range, another range or even a safe place on private land, I will come do appleseed.
Mark
I will send an e-mail to the address listed on their website.  How far out would you recommend is reasonable to allow people enough time to hear about the event, sign up, etc.?

Mark Davis

If you are talking Rocker range, a couple months would be good. Butte has never had an appleseed before.
Look for a PM from me