News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Byers Shoot - September 17/18

Started by Louisville, September 21, 2011, 02:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louisville

I wanted to thank the entire Appleseed team of volunteers and instructors that helped with the Byers shoot Sept 17/18. I had a great time and learned so much even though I have been shooting for nearly 50 years. I know I have a lot of bad habits to unlearn. The instruction and shooting combined with the history really made it a meaningful and touching event. I appreciate your dedication to the organization and the principals it stands for. I plan to get a new rifle and practice over the winter so I can return to a shoot in the spring of 2012 with hopes of getting my Rifleman patch. Thanks Skinner for the loan of your rifle over the two days. I feel bad I didn't get it cleaned before returning it to you. You are all so patient working with us to help us become better riflemen.
I hope after getting a little more experience with the organization I can volunteer myself. I recently retired from being a volunteer officer and EMT with the Louisville Fire Department, so now have more time for other opportunities.

Thanks again for everything,

John
John W Bollinger
"Louisville"

newone

John,

It was great working with you over the weekend!  You don't need to wait until 2012, we have a couple more shoots at Byers this year still!  Hope to see you again soon.

Fred [newone]
Si vis pacem, para bellum
BisonTactical

Prone to Knit

John, thank you so much.  Very happy that you got so much out of the weekend. Keep practicing those skills, going to shoots and when you get your Rifleman patch we'd be glad to have you in our ranks.

If you'd like to help sooner than that, send me a private message and we can discuss possible options.

We are trying to save our great nation and the more people involved, the faster it will happen. We are dedicated to that.

Hope to see you at some future shoots!

Kim

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

burnin_brass

John said it so well....I'll just say ditto!

Thanks all for a great weekend.   :---

Nate