News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka City, FL 17-18 September 2011

Started by ItsanSKS, September 19, 2011, 07:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Another great event is in the books.   Two students peeled themselves from the couch and worked on improving their marksmanship skills this weekend.  Our gracious host, Chris, put us all up in his air conditioned bunkhouse, which was like icing on a cake.  A big thanks to Rocky Creek Ranch for hosting this event, and to George and Alex, who put in a great deal of effort, and never once uttered a disparaging word.  You guys were put through the wringer this weekend, and toughed it out. 

George-
I've got two words for you, sir- DRY FIRE.   With six months between Appleseed events, your prone position should have been 100% comfortable by now.  Use the comfort of your own home to deal with the aches and pains associated with getting used to these positions. 

Alex- 
Darn shame that we can't keep you here, but if Uncle Sam wants you in Japan, then I guess that's where your going to go.  Been great having you at the events!
Darn fine shooting with that M1... Keep working at it, and you'll have it nailed down, just like you did with your AR.  Once you make Rifleman with that M1, you'll have to do it with a bolt gun-  just because!

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

.PPTRanger

And, because it's not an AAR without photographs...

What a great event, and Rocky Creek Ranch is truly a premier venue!

Some of our attendees were a little slow getting up, though...

Roy and Eric show us how it's done with the Hasty...

...and the loop sling. Great blocks of instruction!

I made some new MRE converts by Sunday's lunch, too!

Sadly, before I could get any photos of the event proper, I used the same cloth to clean the camera lens that I had been using to clean the M1 Garand grease off my shooting glasses! The camera didn't take too kindly to that.

One last thank you to the Florida crew: I owe more than I'll ever be able to repay. Never mind the history, the camaraderie, or the marksmanship: it's been an honor and a privilege to know you all.

Thank you, and I'll see you on the trail.
-.PPTRanger

airplanejoe

.PPTRanger

Fair winds and following seas. Hope to see you on campus again.

Airplanejoe