News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Back from Corona 210

Started by ai6pg, September 19, 2011, 04:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ai6pg

Seems strangly quiet here.
Back from Corona 210 September 2011. My first appleseed.
I brought Son 1 the first day. That went badly. He's a 15 yo high functioning ASPIE.
I brought Son 2 the second day. That went well. He's 5 yo. We had him sniping with his Henry mini-bolt when he wanted to.

I just preregistered for Piru October. I also ordered some Quick and Dirty AQT targets to practice on. Hopefully I can use them at Oak Tree Gun club which I can get to a couple of time a week sometimes.

Appleseed Corona 210 was a great range and a great crew of Red and Green hats. Thank you all. I really enjoyed the history lesson and the shooting.
Peter Grace  AI6PG
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

SoulMan

So glad you had a wonderful experience at your first Appleseed. Sounds like you got the bug.

Quote from: ai6pg on September 19, 2011, 04:46:49 PM
I just preregistered for Piru October. I also ordered some Quick and Dirty AQT targets to practice on. Hopefully I can use them at Oak Tree Gun club which I can get to a couple of time a week sometimes.

Don't forget dry fire practice! Ammo ain't cheap!
The 1st and 2nd Amendments capture the spirit of the Constitution; the 9th and 10th, its soul.