News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Harvard, MA - AAR, September 18, 2011

Started by luv2Bfree, September 19, 2011, 10:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luv2Bfree

Great Job to our shooters!
Chris, this was your 4th shoot... and you scored RIFLEMAN! AND took an orange hat!  ^:)^
Jason and Patrick/"Tuna", you guys are just knockin' on the door... sooo close!
Cory, your maneuvering of that bolt action birthday present was like lightning by the end of the day!
Cathy, you've had an ongoing battle with vision issues, yet you've persisted... and I have no doubt that you will never give up!

Patrick "Round Trip" earned his RED HAT for all his efforts! Great job, Mr, Instructor.   O0

Thanks to Ross/"Dwarven1" for being a well appreciated third Instructor for this shoot!

Despite the venue, we did NOT have ANY rain at this Harvard, MA Appleseed shoot. We did have passing clouds throughout the day, though... which made for a crazy temperature change every five or ten minutes.
"A thunderbolt falls on an inch of ground, but the light of it fills the horizon" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

dwarven1

Three out of our four shooters were from NorthEastShooters.com. They had some nice rifles on the line today. NESer Chris had a .22 upper on his NES lower - bull barrel, truly beefy free-float tube and a 10x scope. I think he was planning on deciding which nostril to plug the 250 yard headshot in... And it seems to have worked as his first AQT was his long-sought Rifleman score! He came with blood in his eye for those redcoats today; this was his fourth shoot.

NESer Tuna's LTR. Love the finish on that stock!

And NESer Tuna with his tacticool assault high-capacity staplegun. OK, it's just painted black, but you KNOW someone will get nervous because it is black!

Top to bottom: NESers jrob24, Tuna and (non-NESer) Kory. Two Ruger 10/22s and a CZ bolt action, IIRC.

Appleseed works... Tuna cleaned the final Redcoat target. 3 shots in each silhouette and one in the headshot.

And our newest Instructor, Round Trip (Patrick).

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

jrob24

My thanks to the instructors for making it a fun day.

Before I arrived I thought for sure I'd make rifleman easily. After all I'd shot some good groups at 50yds from the bench, how much harder could prone shooting be? It turned out to be quite challenging shooting the AQT. The physical discomfort of lying in an unusual position, with a time limit and trying to hold steady aim on those bottom two tiny rows while applying what I'd be taught humbled me.

The history lessons were good too. I might just put Paul Reveres Ride on my reading list. It was a good day and I learned more about marksmanship. I intend to attend another appleseed either this fall or next spring.   O0

dwarven1

And I just got my hands on the photos of Chris, so...

After four shoots... we now present: Rifleman Chris (AKA RecoilJunkie)!! A Rifleman persists...

And even better, we now present Instructor In Training Chris!! (he's not content with being just an NRA Instructor, now he wants to be an RWVA Instructor!)

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON