News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HEAR YE!!! HEAR YE!!! INSTRUCTOR SHOOT-FOOD-GATHERING OCT. 15TH

Started by Patriot Gal, September 15, 2011, 01:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot Gal

Please join your fellow Appleseed instructors in Illinois to a day full of shooting fun, a BBQ meal out on the grill and a great get together.

Where?  The Dewitt County Sportsmen's Club, Clinton, Il

When?  October 15th from 12 noon until the cows come home!

What?  Shooting on their wonderful range.  Time to sight in ALL your rifles, shoot some AQTs and requalify.  Learn and share with all the instuctors who have helped Appleseed in Illinois this year.  We will have a great BBQ dinner hosted by the club's volunteers and a "meeting of the minds" planning for next year motivational speaker (to be announced).  It will be a great time to relax with family and Appleseed friends without the pressure of that nasty ol' "time monkey"!!

Who?  Please bring yourself, your family, your rifles and your sunny disposition (maybe a dessert, too)!! ;)

Cost of the meal which includes a few bucks for the rental of the range will be $10 per adult and $5 per child over 2 yrs.  Under 2 yrs - no charge.

Please RSVP to Patriot Gal ASAP or by Oct. 1st if possible for planning purposes.

Thanks, everyone, for all you do for Appleseed and we're looking forward to seeing you all at the "Gathering"
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Just to let y'all know...this invitation also goes out to those in WI, IN, MO, MI, IA, MN and KY who help keep the shoots running in Illinois.  Couldn't do it without you!!! O0
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

redbird

Patriot Gal -  Do I qualify for this as an IIT0?  I can't commit to it yet if I do but will know one way or the other when I return from a western road trip in early October.   Redbird

Patriot Gal

Yes, you do!!  Thanks for keeping us posted and hope you'll be able to come and meet some of the great instructors in the area.

PG

Quote from: redbird on September 17, 2011, 11:38:45 PM
Patriot Gal -  Do I qualify for this as an IIT0?  I can't commit to it yet if I do but will know one way or the other when I return from a western road trip in early October.   Redbird

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Amber Waves

Count the Miller family in for the day.  We wouldn't miss it.  We'll bring Ken's "Death by Chocolate" chocolate cake with extra chocolate or we'll just come and Dutch oven it there for extra hot fresh chocolate cake goodness.  If it's okay just PM Ken.

Amber Waves
Tornado
Nightingale
Olivia
And Josh

Patriot Gal

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Ewald

I have about 12 quarts of Ewald's pickled rifle-eggs to contribute to the cause.

Anyone around the west burbs want to car pool?

BlueMagRT

ewald, I am in Glendale Heights, if it's close enough to you we can car pool.
"You can tell when it is fouled as you have no clue where the bullet is hitting; and this is with an extremely accurate Eotech scope" -- Anonymous

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

John Boch

I'll try to make it over.  As it stands right now, I don't think I have anything cooking that weekend.  Lots of upheaval in my life now so this is a tentative "yes".

Karl

I know this is past the RSVP date........but I'll be there.   ^-^
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Patriot Gal

Great to hear it Karl.  I hope that uber Rifleman who lives with you will attend also!!!  The earlier date was just to get an idea of the number beforehand.  Everyone is welcome until we turn out the lights at the end of the evening.

Thanks for letting me know!
Patriot Gal

Quote from: Karl on October 06, 2011, 10:29:43 PM
I know this is past the RSVP date........but I'll be there.   ^-^

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

I hope you can make it.  We plan a nice relaxing day.   O0

Quote from: templar223 on October 06, 2011, 10:02:31 PM
I'll try to make it over.  As it stands right now, I don't think I have anything cooking that weekend.  Lots of upheaval in my life now so this is a tentative "yes".

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Thanks techres!  Looking forward to seeing you both!

Quote from: techres on October 05, 2011, 11:10:01 PM
Hawkhavn and I will do our best to attend! 

O0

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Thanks to all who came out to our first BBQ  Illinois Instructor Get Together.   O0   ^:)^

The conversation was stimulating and very informative!! Thanks to Fred, Hawkhavn and techres for making the trip over to Illinois to spend the day with us.  We appreciate you!!!   O0

The shooting was a lot of fun.  It is good to "requalify" once in awhile to make sure you "still have it"!!  We had a full line to shoot some sighter squares and an AQT.  (And I thought I was just going to do some plinking!!  :o )

The best for me, was the 100 yd KD shoot to decimate techres' targets!!  What a hoot that was!!! Olivia did a great job of calling the line like a veteran instructor in a voice as loud and as authoritative as it could be for an 8 yr. old!!  Well done Olivia!!! (Hear that all you IIT0 and IIT1s.  Best get practicing!!)   I head lots and lots of hits finding their targets.  I suspect most rounds found that 4 MOA area than not.

NICE SHOOTIN' EVERYONE!!

RBKL has a few pics which will be coming soon so stay tuned.

Nice to meet some of our new people to the group and see some old ones  (No, you're not really THAT old!!).   ::)

Hope to see y'all on the trail! 
Patriot Gal    :---

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

techres

Great time!  I am posting an AAR and will post it as soon as possible.  For the moment, I will leave this here:

mtbrass

Patriot Gal

Now, that's impressive!!!

Quote from: techres on October 16, 2011, 04:37:56 PM
Great time!  I am posting an AAR and will post it as soon as possible.  For the moment, I will leave this here:

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Castle Mountain

Yes indeed it was a good time. Nice to meet everyone. Can't wait to see the video of Patriot Gal shooting the chains off the steel target plate at 100 yards and sending the plate skywards. She employed deadly precision fire on the small piece of chain. Can't say enough good things about the Vortex Optics 2.5 x 10 x 40 VIPER PST 'CQB' scope under low light conditions:  http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-2-5-10x44-riflescope-with-ebr-1-moa-reticle. Can't say enough good things about her shooting prowess. Thanks to Paul McCradock (Custom Barrel manufacture) who built our upper receivers on our Armalites.

It's been a long time since I raced an twelve year old in a 100 yd. dash to the target line   #) I must be loosing it.  What fun. My quads sure hurt today. :)
We got to have 'Olivia' call the line while we were shooting. What a charmer she was O0.
The shooting was sure fun. What impressed me the most was to walk the line and witness all these riflemen and rifle women shooting. The whole line in perfect form, the whole line hip shifting, tweaking themselves and adjusting for each shot and doing it almost collectively. A most impressive thing to witness that many riflemen in their bubble at the same time.

Thanks to Grassy for a great meal preparation, and all who brought food. Death by chocolate,  great cake & cookies what treats.

Thanks to 'Fred', Techres, 'DonD & Cheryl' and HawkHaven to making the long trip out to Illinois it was great to have you here. Thanks for all that you do for Appleseed!

So much to look forward to for 2011 -2012. Certainly found this gathering and meeting most edifying. It was good ya'all could make it. Sorry others had plans or restrictions on their weekend that they could not attend. Indeed it was a great time.

Castle Mountain

Quote from: techres on October 16, 2011, 04:37:56 PM

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

techres

Thanks to all who came.  It was great to get talking done about things that people needed to talk about as well as talk about where Appleseed in Illinois is heading in 2012 with new ranges, new instructors and the help of the entire region.

I especially loved the time spent sending rounds down range.  The AQT was fun, and watching you all blow my steel off the chains and up the hill was a riot. 

I do have to say the special gem was watching Olivia get her first chance to call the line.  I held off on this post just to get a little video posted up congratulating her on doing such a good job of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JVf_4u3Xr8

Thanks again to all of you, and I look forward to coming back over soon to see you all again.

Amber Waves

;D  Thank you Techres!  ;D

We are so proud of Olivia and happy for her too.  She's wanted to call the line, since July.  No one was more bummed about the age restriction for an Orange Hat than her. 

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

RBKL

Great day Saturday. Here are a few photos:

Is this what FUN looks like?? I think so!!

Warming up at 100yrds

Racing to check the targets

Checking the targets

and racing back, oh to have that much energy

Olivia calling the line

Shooting down the steel

a little blury, but the steel jumping around

And I think it just came down

Tearing down

Up up and away - retreaving the steel

A couple of group photos - oops nice bottle of water

Karl

Patriot Gal, Castle Mountain & Techres summed it up perfectly. The future is looking bright for AS in IL.

Olivia, I only have one thing to say..............You will make an outstanding instructor some day. O0

I seem to remember when Castle Mountain decided to race against our future to the target line and back that the last one back was supposed to clean all of the rifles on the line.........OOPS! :D.......RBKL was nice enough to provide the pictorial evidence in case there was a dispute. 

See you on the trail,

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

techres

A couple of followup items to our meeting:

1. The IL email is being double checked by Bill 3 and the IT team to make sure all is working there.

2. The thread on making steel targets is here:

Liberty Steel

And just so we do not miss any last bit of pictures, here are two more:

techres

Promo email checked into and confirmed functioning.   O0

Castle Mountain

Quote from: Karl on October 17, 2011, 11:25:16 PM
Patriot Gal, Castle Mountain & Techres summed it up perfectly. The future is looking bright for AS in IL.

Olivia, I only have one thing to say..............you will make an outstanding instructor some day and a Shoot Boss. O0

We second that motion.  O0 What a marvelously precocious. sweet heart of
a young girl she is. That last picture of her with our flag waving above her
with that look of supreme confidence upon her face speaks volumes
for the future of this nation. She is on mission to be a superb instructor mlike her dad who will soon be shoot boss. SO? STEP ON THE GAS
Karl, that Red Hat is going to get planted on your noggin s'not as quick as it can turn green also. We got a trip planned for you soon so gimmies a call eh

Oh by the way, I won that 100Red YD RACE WITH BOOTS ON. ^:)^.j
Betcha don't think I had wheels eh?

I seem to remember when Castle Mountain decided to race against our future to the target line and back that the last one back was supposed to clean all of the rifles on the line.........OOPS! :D.......RBKL was nice enough to provide the pictorial evidence in case there was a dispute. 

See you on the trail,

Karl
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in