News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Onward and Upward in 2012: CT's New State Coordinator

Started by CortJestir, September 14, 2011, 11:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Dear Fellow Appleseeders,

At the 2012 CT Appleseed Planning and Strategy session a few weeks ago, it was announced that I would step down as State Coordinator for CT Appleseed.

It has been a fun, rewarding, and energizing 2.5 years watching this state grow from 5 events in 2009 with even fewer in-state volunteers to 4 times that amount of events in 2011 and a strong and dedicated volunteer corps. Thanks to you, we are one of the fastest growing and most successful Appleseed programs in the Nation.

The Log (Dan M.) has stepped up to lead the state. He and I have been working over the past month to ensure a smooth transition and will continue to work together in this capacity until the end of the year. Dan will officially take over on January 1, 2012. Until then, he is acting as State Coordinator-in-Training while we ramp him up to lead the state and wind down my activities. Please address any and all inquiries related to CT Appleseed activities to both me and Dan moving forward through the end of the year.

Dan brings to the table the technical ability, leadership quality, an understanding of the sense of urgency of our mission, and most of all, the passion, energy and strong commitment required to be an effective Appleseeder. I hope you will agree and throw your weight and support behind him as we go into 2012 and beyond. I'm looking forward to seeing CT continue its success under his leadership and your support.

Thank you for all that you have done and will continue to do.

See you on The Trail,
CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

B9

Thank you CJ for all you have done and will do in the future.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

fprintf

We are in good hands with Dan, who is passionate about all that is Appleseed.

CJ, glad to hear that we'll still see you on the trail from time to time. I think we all know the program here in CT would not have grown like it did without your leadership and commitment.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley