News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls, PA Sept. 10-11, 2011

Started by EZ3, September 12, 2011, 05:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Eight wide-awake Americans spent the weekend at Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club, in spite of some pretty dire weather forecasts.  As it turned out, the thunderstorms held off until (barely) after the final redcoat, and by the time the clouds dumped their load we had discovered four among us who know well what they are about.

Thanks to BVRPC for hosting us (now in their third year of Appleseeding), and to one of the most prepared and teachable groups of students imaginable.  Congratulations to Cody, Jon, Ed and Mike (finally! persistence pays!) for earning their Rifleman patches.

Pictures to follow shortly.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

MrHappy

Could you ask for a more perfect weekend? Was it real or had God slipped me a peek at the afterlife?   @)
What an excellent group of shooters! Everyone arrived with rifles ready and minds open. EZ3 and I poured in the knowledge and the shooters proved it on target.
Perfect weather made it all the easier. After lunch on Sunday we set up steel at 50, 100, 150 & 200 yds and the fun began. Talk about "Ah Ha!" moments. Rather than mess up the sight zeros we had worked so hard for on Saturday, we practised hold overs with astounding success. EVERYONE rang steel at all distances with several different rifles. There's nothing like .22lr at 200 yds. Bang! one 1000, 2 1000...ding! Shooting steel really cranked up the confidence.
Ah, the joy of shooting.
It was one of those storybook events.  ^:)^
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten

EZ3

Sunday morning at the range

Steel in the distance

Family rivlary?

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Edheler

It was a great weekend, with perfect weather. Many thanks to EZ3 and MrHappy as our instructors and to the Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club for hosting the Appleseed.

It really does feel like a weight has been lifted now that I achieved my goal. It's just so telling that after I knew I had shot over 210 the next AQT I got a 221. Just have to keep my inner engineer from over-analyzing everything. It was also pretty amazing that 4 of the 6 of us shooters on Sunday shot rifleman scores.

I think I am going to do one more Appleseed in October and then find out what I have to do to become an IIT. IBC's are usually held in the spring right?

George Hacker

Edheler,

If you have attended two Appleseeds (and it sounds like you have) and have a Rifleman's patch, then you are ready to become an IIT.  Some of it you can pick up on the trail as you volunteer under the direction of more experience instructors.  Check out the following article for more information: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5052.0

Thanks for your interest in becoming an instructor and helping with Appleseed!  O0

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."