News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Flash Report: Three Forks MT BC

Started by colonial shooter, April 26, 2008, 11:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

Well, range is set up and temps are starting to drop, waiting for The Guy to get here. Three folks camping, currently. Expecting three or four more tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

colonial shooter

Guy here, using Colonial's laptop.

Arrived at 2230 last night after 25 hours in the car......  Snow in South Dakota slowed me down a bit..... :P

We had a total of 8 shooters on the line this morning.  Had three new faces (to me anyway), Tech Mike and Keith,Tex and Curt.  Ted (Shootimus Maximus) and his wife Krissy joined us, along with AZ Gromet.  Of course the Brothers Jolly showed up, Rod (Pa Rah) and Mark (Clodhopper), plus I had Smiley Dan and Colonial Shooter with me on the line.

Once again, the further west I get, the better the groups are at the start. We ran sighters for a while, then devoted time to NPOA.  After ball and dummy, we did standing and sitting.  In the morning, after review, we shall be shooting a QDAQT for score.

I did history today, and in the morning Colonial will be re-doing it for skill building sake.  By the time I leave, my goal is for everyone that is here as a student to hit that Rifleman score, and for all the current IIT to be up to Instructor skill level in not only the shooting, but for the History as well.

Going to bed early, and busy in the morning,

Guy

ps, there is a 1000 yard target out there......
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Mark Davis

Tuesday,
A beautiful day with lots of fresh air. Snow plastered mountians on the horizons. Dry at area 51.
With dirt moving across the fireing line. Wish you were here.
   Clodhopper

Fred

Clodhopper, you are evil... ;D

;D ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

colonial shooter

Fred, he didn't tell you that it was crossing the firing line at 30+ MPH. We got lucky, everywhere around us got 4 inches of snow, we just got rain. Went to full distance today. Great improvement across the board. more to come later.

Plato

Mark Davis

Lots of fresh air means the wind is blowing a little and even in prone it hard to keep your rifle on target. Those folks who weren't there are just jelous because they missed execelent traning!

colonial shooter

Another great day, 75* and catching rays, The Guy and Smilin' Dan hitting the 950yd gong with surplus Paki. All but two attained the coveted badge. The rest will attempt during the weekend. Engineers moving the firing line and setting more targets for the big day.

Plato

colonial shooter

For more info see 1st annual Samuel Whittemore Bootcamp.

Plato