News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WW2 Marksmanship Course Sept 17th.

Started by wildman, September 10, 2011, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

The time has come for the 2011 Annual WW2 Marksmanship Course. We will get started at 10:00 hours. You'll want to bring at least a 100 rounds. The course of fire will take about 40 rounds plus zero rounds.

Bring your WW2 rifle if you got one as always any rifle welcome.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

I will be there with my crew. The hard part will be deciding which WWII rifle to bring, oh well.  The range truck has been overhauled so you can't watch the road go by through the bed of the truck and now more then one wheel brake works at a time.  We are a friendly bunch of guys so if you haven't been to one of these shoots before come on out and we will be more then happy to help you get started. It doesn't get much better than shooting pop-up targets out to 500 yards with iron sights and a WWII rifle. See you there! Steve
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

jmdavis

I will be on a mission to Indiana. But I will have an M1 and/or 1903a3 with me. Have fun guys.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

wildman

My primary rifle will be a "Navy" Garand. The back up is my 03A3. Looking forward to it. In case you don't know the max range is 400 yards. Each shooter will engage two targets at 200, 300, & 400 yards. One target the "D" will be larger than the "F" target. Twenty targets total. Points will be gained by hitting each target with the first round. All sights welcome but to qualify the course must be shot with iron sights.

We will start zeroing at 10:00 hrs.  300 yards only. No whining!

When the WW2 COF is completed be prepared for Counter Attack.  :---
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

TheIronMantis

I'm looking forward to it!  Now make sure that rain clears out! :)

hawkeye

Cool Counter Attack! I'll bring my Army Garand and a Garand or two for back up. Oh wait a Garand doesn't need back up!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Old Dog

Quote from: hawkeye on September 11, 2011, 04:37:23 PM
Cool Counter Attack! I'll bring my Army Garand and a Garand or two for back up. Oh wait a Garand doesn't need back up!

Glad to see you were joking.  At first I thought someone was impersonating you.  I've been carrying spare parts around with me for years and someday I'm going to put them in, just to see if they work.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

wildman

Your right Old Dog a malfunction of a Garand is rare but it can happen. My personal SOP is to always have a backup.

hawkeye

I can't help but bring a couple of rifles to a shoot, but your right I've broken two firing pins in about 6 years of heavy Garand shooting and most of the time my spare parts are lent to someone else that didn't have any spares. If I did have but one it would be a Garand or an 1903A3. 

JohnnyReb

I've got the hot dogs covered. Wildman said he's got the gas & grill covered. Someone else bring some chips, those onions ones are good hawkeye (hint, hint). 

I think I'm going to shoot my Argi FAL, with an m1 carbine for counter attack / backup...  :D
One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

TheIronMantis

I could wrangle up some chips.  Do we need some buns too?  If anyone is interested, I have a couple of pounds of ground venison in the freezer that make some excellent deer burgers I could bring as well.

wildman

Quote from: TheIronMantis on September 13, 2011, 09:14:50 AM
I could wrangle up some chips.  Do we need some buns too?  If anyone is interested, I have a couple of pounds of ground venison in the freezer that make some excellent deer burgers I could bring as well.

Nice offer. We have limited grill space and not a whole lot of time to cook and eat. Perhaps better to just stick with the dogs.

JohnnyReb

One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

ThaiFighter

I gots plenty o paper plates n utensils n mustard, mayo n ketchup if that would help.
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

hawkeye

I'll bring a couple of bags of Chips (onion) and what ever. Wildman maybe we can eat in shifts you know a 50% perimeter guard kind of thing. 

wildman

Quote from: ThaiFighter on September 13, 2011, 04:31:16 PM
I gots plenty o paper plates n utensils n mustard, mayo n ketchup if that would help.

Paper plates are great bring'em.

Gear Head Patriot

wildman

Quote from: Gear Head Patriot on September 15, 2011, 09:28:27 AM
Where is this event being held?

You are on the RWVA Home Range Events Forum. So the the answer is the RWVA Range in Ramseur NC.

The Beard

i'll be there. count on me to bring that hat you like joe. if you want il'll bring some of my world famous ribs
A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever. John Adams July 17, 1775