News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman Regsitration

Started by Mike 8, September 08, 2011, 11:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike 8

Looks like they re-opened the registration for this weekend at Waterman.  Earlier it was sold out.  Now it is not. Unfortunately, for some reason, I still can not register.

Anybody have an update to what is going on?

Thank you.

Rimshot

The shoot is pretty close to full.  Also, we've been trying to work around a glitch on Eventbrite's end that affects sales when shoots are close to full.  I've opened a few more spots to compensate.  Please try again if you wish.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

dond

WR closed the pregs this morning at 52 for a very good reason. Do not open it for any more!  >:D
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

AuntieBellum

Rimshot went to bed.  Pretty sure he only opened enough to even out the Saturday only/Sunday only tickets - I'm not sure he knew anything about the registration being forced closed for any reason.  Seems to be sold out again, anyway - have fun this weekend!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Western Rose

Quote from: AuntieBellum on September 09, 2011, 12:01:17 AM
Rimshot went to bed.  Pretty sure he only opened enough to even out the Saturday only/Sunday only tickets - I'm not sure he knew anything about the registration being forced closed for any reason.  Seems to be sold out again, anyway - have fun this weekend!

He didn't know. For some reason, I didn't think of letting him know. My bad and my apologies.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

AuntieBellum

Quote from: Western Rose on September 09, 2011, 12:04:42 AM
Quote from: AuntieBellum on September 09, 2011, 12:01:17 AM

He didn't know. For some reason, I didn't think of letting him know. My bad and my apologies.

No worries at all.  I'm the only one who ever ends up on his bad side, so you're good.   ;)

In fact, I'm the one who pointed out this thread to him as he was heading to bed...I'll take the blame.  If you have too many shooters show up, send them on over to Indiana and we'll find a spot on the our lines for them.   ;D
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Kentucky Windage

I had problems registering for Waterman also - supprised we are not using the 600 yard and bringing more folks in for the shoot - looks like there is a waiting list on the registration site. Very dispointed it won't be as big as last year.
I wish you a good eye and a calm hand

Patriot Gal

Yes, it is a disappointment that there is no 'big' shoot this year.  That was a good time!  O0 

However, we can no longer use the 600yd range for a "big" shoot as we had last year b/c we cannot fire into the side berm anymore.  We would need to walk all the way down to the end of the 600yd range to set up targets which is QUITE a walk.  The max number would be about 75 shooters. However, AS has been on the 200yd range for the entire year, according to the ASC calendar, so there we are. 

It's too bad, b/c I know we had more people wanting to sign up.  I just encouraged those who contacted me to sign up for the Oct. shoot which they said they would do.  So, hopefully the Oct, Nov, and Dec shoots will be filled as a result.  We had very few preregs (6 I think), until Western Rose send out the mass email invite just a few weeks ago to those whose emails we have from previous shoots.  Then the preregs came pouring in!!!  I'd say that's a good avenue to remind previous attendees of the shoots so they can prereg in time.

Good to hear from you,
Patriot Gal 

Quote from: Kentucky Windage on September 09, 2011, 05:08:57 AM
I had problems registering for Waterman also - supprised we are not using the 600 yard and bringing more folks in for the shoot - looks like there is a waiting list on the registration site. Very dispointed it won't be as big as last year.
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan