News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

What's the numbers for waterman this month

Started by dugjeep, September 02, 2011, 07:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dugjeep

TruTenacity

From EB:
Waterman, IL Patriot's Day Appleseed - Sept 10-11, 2011   Live    30/75    

I don't see you on the Instructor Schedule.  Are you planning on showing up and helping out?
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Patriot Gal

That is great to hear!!  Thanks TruT!!   O0

dugjeep, hope to see you on the line!

Patriot Gal

Quote from: TruTenacity on September 02, 2011, 07:31:59 PM
From EB:
Waterman, IL Patriot's Day Appleseed - Sept 10-11, 2011   Live    30/75    

I don't see you on the Instructor Schedule.  Are you planning on showing up and helping out?
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

dugjeep

If I do it will be on sunday only to soon to commit

George63

will get over to ASC this weekend to check conditions and look into a vendor for porta poti rental

Instructor Scheduling

Thanks George!  We'll be on the 600m range as usual.

I'll also have a key card for the main 'outhouse'.

Castle Mountain

The line is still growing. I think we will be pleasantly surprised and there will be plenty of work for instructors that is for sure.

Here is a great quote and some graphic ideas I have been playing with as food for thought,
I recognize America may well be in it's eleventh hour.  We need everyone. Time is short.

Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Castle Mountain

And I still like these promo's  I did. Needs some traction they do. Waterman will still be a solid event.  O0
Hope Brown Bess Ed will be there.   O0

Wife still out shoots husband stiil .  SHeesh!!!! ::)  For now that is.

Castle Mountain
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

George63

Quote from: Instructor Scheduling on September 03, 2011, 01:48:56 PM

the usual range at ASC for AS is the 200yd, this gives an ez setup for 35, reasonable for 50 and 225yd  walk for outhouse, using the side berm on the 600 yd range  will need a full target line built and a similar walk for outhouse, either works, will work out the final details w SB as week progresses

Patriot Gal

I've already had discussions with one of the board members at Don's request.  I was told they would prefer us on the 600yd as that will leave the 200yd open for member rifle shooting.  I had thought the 200 was the "usual" range (I had only worked the 600) but the board member said not so. (?) 

We will be on the  600 for this shoot with perhaps more info and a change later.  We cannot shoot into the side berms anymore so can most likely install the line somewhere down into the 600yd lane.  I will check with the board member to be sure.   Depending on where we can set up the 25yd line, and based on the # of shooters, we could go ahead and set up a 100-200-300-400 yd KD targets.  Even the 10/22s can get on paper out to 400.  Just ask Castle Mountain.

Don has all we need for the line.  We'll both be there Friday evening.  If you can be there to help Fri. just give Don a holler and let him know.
Thx.

Quote from: George63 on September 03, 2011, 07:22:57 PM
Quote from: Instructor Scheduling on September 03, 2011, 01:48:56 PM

the usual range at ASC for AS is the 200yd, this gives an ez setup for 35, reasonable for 50 and 225yd  walk for outhouse, using the side berm on the 600 yd range  will need a full target line built and a similar walk for outhouse, either works, will work out the final details w SB as week progresses
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Finn

Well Ill be there still trying to make rifleman, Deborah will be there her first time and I put some flyers up and talked to some people at work.

Was at Bonfield with patriot gal and castle mountain

Finn

Castle Mountain

Delighted you will be there Finn. Thanks for spreading the word.  Looking forward to the day. :--- :--- :---

Best regards,

Castle Mountain

Tornado

Hey PG and CM,
We are planning on being there Friday.  What time are you planning on being at the sports club?  We (the whole family) can help set up.  Do we need to bring anything?  We are staying at Lake Shabbona overnight.

Amber Waves, Tornado and kids
"Great things have been affected by a few Men well Conducted."

George Rogers Clark

Patriot Gal

I plan to be there around 5:00. 

Quote from: Tornado on September 04, 2011, 05:41:41 PM
Hey PG and CM,
We are planning on being there Friday.  What time are you planning on being at the sports club?  We (the whole family) can help set up.  Do we need to bring anything?  We are staying at Lake Shabbona overnight.

Amber Waves, Tornado and kids

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Karl

I just sent a PM to Instructor Scheduling. I fly in late on Friday so I will not be able to be at Waterman until Saturday Morning.

Look forward to seeing everyone

Karl
"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Patriot Gal

Thanks Karl,

It'll be good to see you.

We'll be on the 200yd range. 
PG

Quote from: Karl on September 06, 2011, 08:07:47 PM
I just sent a PM to Instructor Scheduling. I fly in late on Friday so I will not be able to be at Waterman until Saturday Morning.

Look forward to seeing everyone

Karl

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Trisha

Patriot Gal

Thanks Trisha!

We had to cap the shoot at 50 so we're near sold out!!  ^:)^
There will be a few Sat. only and Sun. only which is good as the width of the range is 50yds so it'll still be pretty tight.

We can't set up the line until 6:00 p.m. on the 200yd range so don't arrive much earlier than that!
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Patriot Gal

Quote from: Trisha on September 07, 2011, 12:10:53 AM
Just checked EB, you are at 46 shooters!

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Navvy

Is this event now full?  Were we not able to do 300 shooters like last year?

dond

Quote from: Navvy on September 07, 2011, 04:18:37 PM
Is this event now full?  Were we not able to do 300 shooters like last year?

We are not able to shoot on the side berms this year, so we moved to the 200 yard range.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Patriot Gal

Looks like it's a sold out shoot!!!!

Thanks everyone and see you there!!!
Patriot Gal

If you weren't able to get into this shoot, we'll be having another one Oct 01-02, Nov. 05-06 and Dec. 03-04.

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan

Navvy

Quote from: Patriot Gal on September 08, 2011, 02:37:49 AM
Looks like it's a sold out shoot!!!!

Thanks everyone and see you there!!!
Patriot Gal

If you weren't able to get into this shoot, we'll be having another one Oct 01-02, Nov. 05-06 and Dec. 03-04.

2 friends and myself just registered.  We are excited, thanks much!   O0

Ewald

I'll be in DeKalb on business on Friday afternoon. If anyone wants to get together for dinner shoot me a PM.

George, if you want a hand setting up the line on Friday, give me a call.

Unfortunately I can only make Saturday. I have City duties for the 911 commemoration back home on Sunday.

Will the Club house be open for staff Friday night?

Ewald

George63

Quote from: Ewald on September 08, 2011, 01:58:04 PM

Unfortunately I can only make Saturday. I have City duties for the 911 commemoration back home on Sunday.

Ewald

clubhouse can be open if anyone wants, dinner at the local place before setup would work, the set up is no problem, but will be in the evening after another event is done and finish in the morning, checked the range conditions today, no surprises or abnormal conditions so a standard set up, just full width of range to accommodate the 50 shooters

Patriot Gal

I am unsure if anyone can stay in the clubhouse if there's not a member present.  This would be someone with a key.  It is my understanding that the keys cannot be passed around.  I'll need to check with the board member we're meeting with Friday.

I'll have to let you know.

Quote from: George63 on September 08, 2011, 06:58:35 PM
Quote from: Ewald on September 08, 2011, 01:58:04 PM

Ewald

clubhouse can be open if anyone wants, dinner at the local place before setup would work, the set up is no problem, but will be in the evening after another event is done and finish in the morning, checked the range conditions today, no surprises or abnormal conditions so a standard set up, just full width of range to accommodate the 50 shooters

~Thomas Jefferson

~President Ronald Reagan