News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winterset IA Oct 15-16 2011

Started by loves2hunt59, August 31, 2011, 03:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loves2hunt59

Good News   ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Appleseed  has been invited to do an encore performance at the Madison Co. Sportsmens Club, Oct. 15-16, 2011
Come one come all!!!
Still just 45 minutes south west of Des Moines !!!!!

This event now on the schedule  :)

Sisu!

I'll be there!  Working on dragging out some freinds to fill the line...  and hopefully finally break through and shoot a Rifleman score this time!

Whisker

Well, here's a fancy flier: Posted Below.  Use it as please. 

It should be in the Madison County Shopper for the next couple weeks.  Also... press releases went out today to the Des Moines Register and Madison County local newspaper.

Looking forward to it!

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

loves2hunt59

Good work.  Looks great.  Thanks Whisker  :) :).

Miller

Looking good for me to be able to make it.
Client has decided not to hold their weekend event.

The Super 8 in town decent or should I look closer to Des Moines?
Fearful but resolute.

dawg69

Whisker,

I posted about this shoot on the Iowa hometown forums at ar15.com and was wondering if I could use your poster over there.  I'm not going to make the shoot, but would like to try to get as many out as I can.

Dan

AFTERMATH

Quote from: dawg69 on October 10, 2011, 05:59:27 PM
Whisker,

I posted about this shoot on the Iowa hometown forums at ar15.com and was wondering if I could use your poster over there.  I'm not going to make the shoot, but would like to try to get as many out as I can.

Dan

Whisker can't always get online - So, assuming you mean the one in this thread I'll answer for him:  Yes!
By all means post it everywhere!  Thank you for your efforts!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Miller

Barring unforeseen circumstances I will be on the line this Saturday.
Got m'self registered.
Got m'self lodging.
Got m'self a pile of CCI Blaser.
Got m'self a burning desire to turn that 196 from a couple of weeks ago into a 210... or better.
Fearful but resolute.

dawg69

Quote from: AFTERMATH on October 10, 2011, 08:57:45 PM
Quote from: dawg69 on October 10, 2011, 05:59:27 PM
Whisker,

Dan

Whisker can't always get online - So, assuming you mean the one in this thread I'll answer for him:  Yes!
By all means post it everywhere!  Thank you for your efforts!

Done!  Hopefully it will get some folks out there.

Yankeedutch

Sounds like Miller and IAFinn are knocking at/down the expert
Score this weekend.  There are some others closing in as well.  :~
This should be a fun weekend!

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Miller

Dutch,
I'm close.
And by the time I punch in at work on Monday morning I will have earned myself a patch.

And fair warning to the Shoot Boss/Red Hat(s)/Orange Hat(s) assigned to this event...
I'm packing in 5000 rounds.
I will burn every single one and drive over to Bass Pro for more if I have to.
I will tape chem-lights to the target and make some poor sucker shine a flashlight at the front sight if that's what it takes.
Bwahaha
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.
Fearful but resolute.

Yankeedutch

That might be enough ammo...
But it's definitely the right attitude.
I got a box full o' batteries for the flashlight, just in case.

Maybe we need a to develop a tritium rifleman patch.

Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Yankeedutch

I just heard from two more new shooters
coming this weekend.
Weather should be nice.
You coming too??

Dutch
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Edmund Burke

Miller

A tritium patch........
Hmmmmm........

Y'know...
That might actually be a worthwhile event.
Low light target acquisition and shooting.
It would have to be at a boot camp. 
And if there were any issues with neighbors or local noise ordinances it could be a non-firing drill.  Just set targets up at various measured distances, give the "shooters" a list of descriptions and see how many they can find in a set time looking over iron sights.

NVseed?
Moonseed?
Vampireseed?
Rhodopsinseed?
Fearful but resolute.

Yankeedutch

Only 2 days before the Winterset Appleseed.
The weather looks like it should be good.  Don't forget raingear... Rain is a 20% chance on Sunday.  Or better yet, 80% chance of NO RAIN. :))

I have loaned out both of my LTRs (Liberty Training Rifles).  I just spoke to Bryce and he has loaned out both of his as well.  All instructors, or others who are willing, please bring your loaner LTRs.   :~

Less than 24 hours to sign up online.  This saves $10 I believe.  It also helps us plan.  Here is the Iowa schedule sign up: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states.php?filter=IA&statename=Iowa
Ofcourse you can just show up/sign up this weekend.
There are quite a few people signed up, but we have plenty of room.  O0

Remember to pack a lunch and check your gear.  Here is a link of what to bring: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_prepare.html

This should be a great weekend. ^:)^

Dutch
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Edmund Burke

Bettendorf

Thanks to all who put this shoot on.  My twin brother shot Rifleman on his first Appleseed weekend and I shot Rifleman again on my second Appleseed.  He's sore as heck now and is probably sitting at home rubbing Icy hot all over himself.

Mine.

His.

BroncoJoe

Wow, we had a bunch of people at the shoot this weekend.  It was fun, lots of good shooting.  Congrats to all that got their Rifleman's patch.

Joe :---

Yankeedutch

What a great weekend.

Please see the After Action Report with pictures here:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=25686.0

Dutch
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Edmund Burke

Miller

Nice shooting B'dorf.
And way to clear that Redcoat.

By any chance are you a member down at Oak Hill Gun Club in Bluegrass?

Fearful but resolute.

Bettendorf

Quote from: Miller on October 17, 2011, 08:52:00 PM
Nice shooting B'dorf.
And way to clear that Redcoat.

By any chance are you a member down at Oak Hill Gun Club in Bluegrass?

Thanks.  No, I'm not a member but I'm looking for a place to shoot some matches so I might have to check that place out in the spring.  I'm up in Ankeny, not Bettendorf.  My screen name can be deceiving.

Miller

Quote from: Bettendorf on October 17, 2011, 10:23:58 PM

Thanks.  No, I'm not a member but I'm looking for a place to shoot some matches so I might have to check that place out in the spring.  I'm up in Ankeny, not Bettendorf.  My screen name can be deceiving.

Well darn. lol
Fearful but resolute.