News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bedford Contingent AS September 17-18

Started by SPQR, August 31, 2011, 12:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

Alright folks, I wanted to post a notice here to get the word out and keep everyone informed.

As many know a popular spot for an AS is the Bomb Range at the Bedford Contingent.  The upcoming seed is the last scheduled seed this year and chilidog and I had both applied an open door policy for walk ons.  Space, though, is creating a reality neither of us can effectively combat.  In other months we could push folks off into the fields but now we have twelve foot walls of corn on either side and enough shooters to choke a goat.  While I would never want to turn someone away, another reality is that we have two other shoots (Evansville, Cloverdale) that weekend that could use some extra shooters.  So, ifn you know someone that wants to go a Seedin that weekend you would be better served to push them in one of the two other directions.  There is simply no more room at the inn.

SP "Big Shoots" QR
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

beautiful_dust

We have been pushing Cloverdale at the store (Army Surplus) and I have mentioned the Nashville to out outdoor club at church.

Any really good ranges for the wmen in out outdoor club?
We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots. ~Charles F. Browne

The patriot blood of my father was warm in my veins.     ~Clara Barton

The American Revolution was a beginning not a consummation.
~ Woodrow Wilson

Know your past to know the future.

philagothon

Quote from: out_of_the_dust on June 27, 2012, 12:39:24 PM
Any really good ranges for the wmen in out outdoor club?

Good places for women to go to a 'Seed? How about the Lady Seed coming up in just a couple of weeks?

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3354273723%20%20%20%20%20
36 spots still open as of now and a plethora of instructors chomping at the bit.

2 clicks low

Quote from: SPQR on August 31, 2011, 12:54:26 AM
There is simply no more room at the inn.

Words to warm my heart. We need to do this for every shoot.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

techres

There is no room because the BOTG promote us.  We do very little, they do it for us.

In the end the future of our shoots, and the program, comes down to BOTG promoting, promoting, promoting. 

Techres

P.S. I almost wrote promoting 28 times there because that is what has to happen, and exactly what Bedford does - promote every day of the month.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.