News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

/|/|/| Saratoga - September 17/18, 2011

Started by R1SGx2, August 26, 2011, 12:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1SGx2

It's the Annivarary of the Battles of Saratoga, looking for Instructors and Shooters.
Nice Instruction, Props, Food and Good People Saving Our Nation. :bow:

Covered Facility, KD to 200. Camping allowed.

Team Northeast on the move.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Spartan

This is an awesome event and looks like you already have a number or pre-regs!!!  Wish I could be there but will be working at Jericho VT. Will you guys have all that great food again this year?  Yum an awesome free lunch is hard to beat!
"With your shield or on it"

RaggityAnn23

This was my first Appleseed and I had such a great time. I loved the heritage and the much needed instruction on proper stances in prone, sitting and standing. R1sgx2 did such an awesome job along with all the other instructors and ITT's. I will be definitely be attending  many more and continue to strive to earn that rifleman patch.

Thank you again to all who made the weekend one to remember and that cannon never gets old!

R1sgx2 if you find out what Russian sporting magazine that picture of me was used for, let me know =)
Oh also, I wanted to know if I can still get one of the cards to order out of the cmp catalog but i totally forgot about it and the packet we were supposed to get at the end?

Thanks again everyone! Such a wonderful experience and I am hooked!

Another D.O.M.

Hello there RaggityAnn23.  I'm thrilled to hear you had such a great time at SaraSpa.  Mark does put on a fantastic event for the attendees.

If you can make it, stop by Dunham's Bay Fish & Game this coming weekend - there's an Appleseed there and Mark will be at that one as well.  You can track him down and demand that he provide you with the package he promised!

Hope to see you there.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

DWillis

This was my first rifle instruction of any kind.  I enjoyed the event thoroughly and look forward to the next one I'm able to attend.  Even though I didn't make rifleman, I tripled my effective shooting range and gained a much, much deeper understanding of what it takes to be consistent, accurate, and on target.

Since Saraspa doesn't have a permanent 25m spot on the outside range, I'm working to figure out how to put the AQT on the 50m mark to give me something to practice and a goal to aim for.

I'm not going to make next month's event but I'm planning to make either the next event.

I'm hoping to have an event where I can earn my winter rifleman.

Met a lot of good people.  Thanks to Michele for letting me use her rifle.  My score went up 50 points by simply using her sights, so I must have been doing something right...

Oh, and you can't forget the history lesson and the overall message.  To me, it was these two things, surrounding by the marksmanship lessons that made the entire experience fun and has created lasting memories.

The Mrs.

Hey DWillis,

We were happy to have you on the line and happy for you that you were able to improve so much.

The November shoot at Dunnams Bay might get you that blue patch.  As Mark said over the weekend, the Winterseed patch can only be earned if it is below 32.  I shot Riflemen at this shoot last year, and it was a blast, though the patch was not blue.  It was like 34.  But no matter the color, it is a goal worth going for.

Sue

PS: A Riflemen adjust, adapts and perseveres.
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist