News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Upcoming Knob Creek-Sept 10&11th

Started by KYWindage, August 23, 2011, 11:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYWindage

Ladies & Gents,

I am PUMPED!
With the help of Facebook, I believe that we can fill the line for the first time in awhile! Since posting invites, I've had 4 hard(definates) confirmations and 6 soft(maybes). At this moment, there are 17 signed up.
If any one has any(more) ideas about how to advance the word(or see a bulletin board that doesn't have an Appleseed poster/flyer on it), let me know!
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

Mudcat

I just received an email from a guy who just got registered today him and 2 kids. He was signed up for a prior shoot that was flooded out. The scout troop is signed up as well, we are camping at the range.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

KYWindage

I'll take a drive down to the range a day or two before to make sure that it is mowed and cleaned up.
"I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."

hawkhavn

Is there a planned work around for the loss of the bridge???

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Unbridled Liberty

Their website simply says to "follow the detour signs". 
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

KYWindage

Quote from: hawkhavn on August 24, 2011, 12:17:22 AM
Is there a planned work around for the loss of the bridge???

HH

You never know....they might reopen the Portland ferryboat! ;D

Mudcat

We are good to go on the bridge. Tracker is local and a member he is going to check on the range and camping spots.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington