News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IAAR – Manheim, PA 2011 Aug 20-21

Started by mal, August 23, 2011, 11:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Another great Appleseed shoot at the Elstonville club.  This one was quite small but very social, like a group of old friends meeting after a long time apart.  Everyone but our Sunday-only shooter was a return Appleseeder, one coming from NYC to try it the PA way.

The weather wasn't too bad; sunny & in the mid 80s but humid as heck. 

Doreen popped in Sunday absent her friend...  We hit the Sunday AM redcoat.  After the course of fire she was ready to hand the target back to me for later use, being that she didn't hit the paper at all (this was her first time ever shooting a rifle, or any firearm for that matter).

During the review we caught her up as best we could the Appleseed way; dousing her with the fire hose of rifleman knowledge before we hit the squares.  She took notes & applied what she was taught & put about half her shots in the black on each square!  After that we did an AQT where she shot a *very* respectable top-end Marksman her first try!  Outstanding, especially with less than 100 rounds fired under her belt!  Way to go!

Eric earned his Rifleman patch Sunday with a 215, i'll wager after minding his trigger control.  And if that wasn't enough, he cleaned his Sunday afternoon redcoat!  Congrats Eric!   

Pics below:
          1.  The line
          2.  Doreen scoring Marksman her first go
          3.  Eric earns Rifleman

Hope to see y'all next month!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

Spearman

Thanks Mal, It was a great class! You did a great job with the teaching. It's like... I just keep learning! Imagine that.  I look forward to trying to clean that AQT too... ha ha ha someday. I guess I will need something cool to put my patch on  O0. Cant do Sept but "I'll be baaaack"