News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Last Winterset Appleseed of the Year This Weekend

Started by Yankeedutch, August 17, 2011, 10:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankeedutch

This is a really nice place to shoot.
It looks like the weather should be great.
Winterset is very close to Des Moines, just West and South.

Come out and join us.

Dutch

(Oops...It's been a long day.  I corrected the location)
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

loves2hunt59

Or maybe just south and west,  unless I'm looking at the map backwards again :slap:

Yankeedutch

"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

loves2hunt59

Yes it is "just a little" south and west from Des Moines.
The first time I ever saw Winterset I was in Des Moines on other business and, since the first Winterset Appleseed was coming up, took a small detour off I-35 south on 92 west just to see where and what.  Even with not being familiar with the area it took about 45 minutes from Des Moines.  Nice short drive on good roads.  What could be better.  Just think, less than an hour from the largest Metro area in the state.  With so many patriotic Iowans so close at hand we should be overrun with attendees!!  So come on all you Des Moines area 'Seeders come out and bring a friend!!  Hope to see you there.

loves2hunt59

This one's on the books now.  Sixteen total shooters,  four new riflemen,  much improvement by all.

Yankeedutch

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Edmund Burke